Liked: 98

Default American Racer tires

I see that American Racer lists tires for FC.

JFCF2 and JCFC3

Has anyone tried these? I searched ApexSpeed and couldn't find any references.

Yes, I'm aware that the SCCA requires certain Hoosier tires for FC. I'm thinking of using these on a old DSR.

AR says the durometer is 50--about the same as a Hoosier R20, I think.

I assume they are bias-ply, since the sizes are in "dia x width x wheel-size" format, and not the aspect-ratio format that radials use.

The dealer says that the factory has 70 fronts and 114 rears. Normal price is $220 fronts, $250 rears, but they will make a deal, depending on the quantity.

FYI, they also have 90 front tires for Formula Enterprise (22.5 x 8 x 13) for $75 each. But no rears for FE.

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by holmberg; 10.27.23 at 1:22 PM.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

1. Not legal FC spec tire.
    2. When tires were open, they did not last long.
    3. I believe they are a special production run for Primus and probably won't be manufactured ever again.

Other than that they are perfect for a track day tire.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 597

Until SCCA went Spec Hoosier tire for FC, in the SouthEast most of us ran the ARs that are probably the one you are talking about for about three years. We'd source 'em through Primus (thank you again Brad) and Brad would sponsor winnings and weekend events for all entrants. He was correct saying your times would be 1 to 2 seconds a lap slower....but everybody ran the ARs so it didn't matter. In the heat of the South or late in a race they didn't go away and feel greasy. Front camber had to change from a little negative to nearly straight up. If you're not running FC SCCA, go ahead, try 'em and maybe save some money. They weigh a couple pounds more than the Hoosier tires. I thought of 'em as harder than R35 but never tested it with proper instrumentation. Yes, they are bias.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

We ran them on an FC (only the one event, where everyone was on AR) at pre-repave Roebling, we won handily, driver said they didnt fall off much. Future availability not withstanding, if you're just running track days, they'd be fine.

Thread Information