Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    We shouldn’t promote racing benches, you know, to protect the children.

I did once go 40 on a powered barstool, on the track at lunch before the Rock Island Grand Prix, ignoring the protection of this and the five other racing children involved.
    Eric, your bravery is well-noted. However, why bench race when you can picnic table race?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOX_XBSxDU

I'll save you the time. go to the 5:30 ish mark for the demo. The only thing I would change is I think a PTO that fed into a table -mounted margarita blender is required, and maybe a beer cooler countersunk into the table top. And, unlike the dude, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't weld up the diff!

best
    bt

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1109

Dear Mr. Tebbutt:

We at the SICA find it highly questionable, if not irresponsible, to sanction or promote the class concept you have proposed.

As the sporting implements sanctioning body, and following our technical team’s exhaustive testing, we take issue with the below specification failures before international homologation can be approved.

Class Structure:
    We organize and display the following spec classes within our current framework: Spec Lawnchair Unlimited, Formula Snowblower 2, and Weedwacker 3, meaning there’s not any openings in our class structure to add your SPT formula as a recognized National class

Safety Protection:
    We as a group are taken aback by the egregious omission of Nomex pilotware, a Snell-approved carbon baseball cap, and protective gardening gloves

Aero Dysfunction:
    Our primary imperative in the creation of spec classes is demonstrating the latest in styling, function, and technology. The SPT design incorporates the driver atop the side pods, with longitudinal aero gaps reducing downforce on the upper aero deck, a prone driving position, and no Gut and Neck device (GANS)

Tire Incompatibility:
    Regarding the extreme G-force of 2.7 as registered by your prototype, we indeed do have concerns about the available traction patch of the current tires as used on your machine

Driver Ineptitude:
    The SPT test driver you have employed seems to lack self-control in several key areas; disrespect of speed, disregard to focus, and a disconnection from his racing vehicle. The in-table camera assembly is also substandard, if not a dangerous distraction to competition at these extreme speeds

Rain Visibility:
    The manufacturer has completely, if not intentionally, ignored the latest rain light specifications as deemed by the 2024 regulations of the FII

Sincerely,
    Bob
    President, SICA
    Last edited by E1pix; 11.29.23 at 12:22 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

4. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 3

Speaking of Indy and bench racing, anyone attending the PRI show? Let's continue there!
    To show I come in peace, first round on me!

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 116

Quote Originally Posted by jkrt125 View Post
    Speaking of Indy and bench racing, anyone attending the PRI show? Let's continue there!
    I'll be there Saturday.
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

Liked: 1109

Quote Originally Posted by jkrt125 View Post
    If by “round,” you mean roundtrip airfare and lodging for our group of 12, we’re so in there!

You needn’t worry, we’re fine with shrimp instead of lobster.

Seriously, nice thought, Thanks and have fun.
    Last edited by E1pix; 11.29.23 at 1:04 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by CheckeredFlag View Post
    I'll be there Saturday.
    I'm at the show Thursday & Friday. If anyone else will be in attendance, come by the AP Racing stand and ask for Jack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information