Liked: 0

Default Tall Driver/Cockpit Fit

We got a FE2 this past Spring for my son who was around 6' at the time and could fit but tight. Well, over the Summer he grew a couple inches and is now closer to 6'2" and the pedals are too close and his knees hit the wheel.

Anyone had success getting someone 6'2" around 195lbs in the car? Trying to determine if moving the pedals (seems like maybe an inch of space to move) out a little will works for him or whether we should sell the car and get something else for a better fit.

Thanks for the input.

Liked: 15

Default Big Guy

I'm not the biggest guy in the FE2, which should say something, but I'm 6'1" and 196 pounds, so pretty close to your son. Make sure the seat is low enough in the middle. My bead seat has basically no padding in the bowl where I sit, which is meh to me anyway. I know a driver who is probably closer to 6'4" and doesn't even sit on the seat, he sits on the floor of the cockpit. Most of the padding should be around your thighs/back anyway. Also, moving the pedals is good. I also removed the clutch pedal pad, so it's just the arm, since you don't use the clutch except to take off. This allowed me to space out the brake and throttle pedals since my feet could hit both at the same time at certain points. There's also a drop box that basically lowers the position your feet sit in down by the pedals which I also use.

Depending on where you're located, you may contact your CSR https://scca-e.com/customer-service-representatives/ to see if they have any other tips/tricks.

Don't sell the FE2, much bigger guys can fit in it and it is a great car!
    Gabe Fehribach - Driver: Plum Crazy #9 Formula Enterprises 2
    Mechanical Designer, Race Fan
    Some race videos: https://www.youtube.com/@clockwiseautosport

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Thanks for the information. Exactly what I was looking before starting to make the adjustments!

Administrator
    Liked: 28

Default Footwell drop box

Did you know there is a drop box available for the footwell? My 6'4" (size 14 shoe) son needed it to fit in our FE2.

It drops the footwell near the pedals around an inch. Available through an SCCA CSR.

KR

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 111

Yes, there is a drop foot box. I don't find it that helpful, but maybe you will.

6'3", 220 pounds with a size 14/15 foot and I am fine in the car.

I wear a small shoe. The simpler a driving shoe the better and size way down. I think I have a size 12 in the shoe from TMI and it has plenty of room in the foot box.

Thread Information