Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Default COTA 2024 Feb Major

What it the outlook for the 2024 Feb Major event? I heard rumor that the track had made the price too nigh for the Texas Region to be economical.

Brian

Liked: 165

Replaced by NOLA…”due to driver demand.” Riiiiight.
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Are there any SCCA races at COTA ?

IIR there is one in June each year.

Liked: 94

Nooooooooo!!!! That's hugely disappointing. I was looking forward to going back there this February.

Jeff

Liked: 66

CotA wasn't a Majors. It was a Super Tour. Considering how pricey it was as an event this year, I'm not surprised we're not getting a Majors-tier version of the race. There hasn't been a posting on the sowdiv site yet for the 2024 schedule but poking around on https://www.scca.com/events it looks like the 2024 season for the region is Eagles Canyon (October '23), Houston (December '23), Cresson (January '24), NOLA Super Tour (Feb '24), Eagles Canyon (March '24), Hallett Super Tour (April '24), Eagles Canyon (May '24), Houston (May '24), summer break, Cresson finale (Labor Day weekend).

Some of the dates are shuffled around from when we're normally at particular tracks but it's good to have events in March and December instead of huge breaks.

Replaced by NOLA…”due to driver demand.” Riiiiight.
    I've had people tell me they wanted to go back to NOLA a number of times, so I can actually believe that they read into people saying that as driver demand.

Liked: 57

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJustice View Post
    ...it looks like the 2024 season for the region is Eagles Canyon (October '23), Houston (December '23), Cresson (January '24), NOLA Super Tour (Feb '24), Eagles Canyon (March '24), Hallett Super Tour (April '24), Eagles Canyon (May '24), Houston (May '24), summer break, Cresson finale (Labor Day weekend).
    I know this isnt exactly a thread on the SoWDiv schedule but I am stoked to be running ECR that much. I love that place.

COTA isnt my favorite so Im not that upset. That is however influenced by having pretty poor luck there. Never been to NOLA so cant comment other than hearing good things from others.

Liked: 66

Quote Originally Posted by mboian90 View Post
    I know this isnt exactly a thread on the SoWDiv schedule but I am stoked to be running ECR that much. I love that place.
    Great track, and I'm not just saying that because I do well there. That said, 3 times at ECR in a season is a lot. I wonder if we're getting a reverse-direction race for one of them. I know CVAR looked into it and they almost pulled the trigger but changed their mind at the last minute for whatever reason, it's possible the additional work being done on the track at ECR might make the alternate layout a good choice for one of the races. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion the finale at Cresson may be on the 3.1 layout.

COTA isnt my favorite so Im not that upset. That is however influenced by having pretty poor luck there. Never been to NOLA so cant comment other than hearing good things from others.
    Agreed, I wasn't super impressed at CotA. The garages are indeed nice but that was the most expensive entry all year. The track itself is a bit underwhelming and the length of it means you don't get enough reps in over the course of a Super Tour weekend with only 3 test sessions.

Liked: 227

I also heard the rumor at the Runoffs that COTA jacked up the price to an impossible level. Very disappointing. I towed there from Charlotte for the first SCCA race after the track opened and have been back once since. Love the track. Had car trouble both weekends, so was looking forward to settling unfinished business at some point.

Liked: 348

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJustice View Post
    Great track, and I'm not just saying that because I do well there. That said, 3 times at ECR in a season is a lot. I wonder if we're getting a reverse-direction race for one of them. I know CVAR looked into it and they almost pulled the trigger but changed their mind at the last minute for whatever reason, it's possible the additional work being done on the track at ECR might make the alternate layout a good choice for one of the races. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion the finale at Cresson may be on the 3.1 layout.
    You might want to check with your Executive Steward to see if the reverse layout is certified for SCCA use. I have no specific knowledge about the situation, but your Exec. is the person who will.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

10. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Thread Information