Liked: 10

Default Weber 32/36 DGV Progressive vs Dual Linkage Pros and Cons

Gents, I've been searching the Apex Speed site for any discussions about the pros and cons of the Weber 32/36 progressive vs dual carb linkage and the modifications necessary to make them work properly and have found nothing. Has there been such a discussion or am I not using the correct words in my search to find what I'm looking for?

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Are you looking for information on the Weber synchronous linkage? Pegasus sells a kit for the 32/36.
    I ran the setup and it didn't make any difference to me because I typically use the throttle as an on-off switch, I.E. wide open or not. It does make a difference when blipping the throttle for down shifts.

Steve

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    Are you looking for information on the Weber synchronous linkage? Pegasus sells a kit for the 32/36.
    I ran the setup and it didn't make any difference to me because I typically use the throttle as an on-off switch, I.E. wide open or not. It does make a difference when blipping the throttle for down shifts.

Steve
    Steve, I was looking for the opinions and discussions on performance differences and the modifications one must do to get the idle speed circuit (referred to as the low speed circuit by Weber) to work properly when converting to the synchronized throttle plate linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post

Steve
    Steve, I was looking for opinions and discussions on Apex Speed about performance differences, if any, between the synchronized throttle plate modification vs the progressive linkage the Weber 32/36 carb originally came with. Also the modifications that need to be made to the idle speed circuit (referred to as the low speed circuit by Weber) on the synchronized throttle plate modification to get it to operate properly.

Liked: 44

Quote Originally Posted by rg2 View Post
    Steve, I was looking for opinions and discussions on Apex Speed about performance differences, if any, between the synchronized throttle plate modification vs the progressive linkage the Weber 32/36 carb originally came with. Also the modifications that need to be made to the idle speed circuit (referred to as the low speed circuit by Weber) on the synchronized throttle plate modification to get it to operate properly.
    IMHO and i'm not a person to ask, but it seems like the progressive is at least as good and the engine doesn't bog on occasion which can happen with the sync version.

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

deleted

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

If it was a real benefit, everybody would be using it.

And they aren't......

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information