Liked: 1

Default Any Citation Formula Fords out there?

hello all, looking to get into a formula ford soon, sadly being 6'4 its not that easy to find a good fit. years ago I crewed on a 91 citation and that was a great fit. curious if there are any around in the pacific north west? I have read lots of threads on apexspeed on tall and large drivers but haven't seen much info on that era of car.

Thanks.

Liked: 977

You might want to contact Steve Lathrop. He has been working on a car for John Robinson; perhaps Robinson would be interested in selling. You just missed a really nice Honda powered Citation that sold a month or so back. Another option would be to call Eric Oseth at Quicksilver and see if his dad is interested in selling his car. It was recently re-bodied and is also Honda powered. Good luck!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

The Spectrum chassis is also accommodating to oversized drivers.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 4

I probably own that car. There can't be that many 91 Citations in Canada. Not for sale unfortunately. Where are you located?

I’m in Langley BC, I missed buying yours ! That was the car I crewed on ,I tried getting the sister car to yours recently but the current owner is building it up for his son.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

From chats I had with Steve Lathrop, there may have been 10 total Citations of that generation built from 1987 through 1991 or so. They included both FF and FC cars.

I'm trying to maintain a Registry for Citations here so if anyone isn't on the list, send me the cars info!
    https://redroadracing.com/zinkregistry.php
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    From chats I had with Steve Lathrop, there may have been 10 total Citations of that generation built from 1987 through 1991 or so. They included both FF and FC cars.

I'm trying to maintain a Registry for Citations here so if anyone isn't on the list, send me the cars info!
    https://redroadracing.com/zinkregistry.php
    Garey, the Citation you show as owned by Adrian Cooper (FC91-001) has been sold on. I know the owner, so I'll leave it to him to decide if he wants to add his information to your registry, but I will say that it remains in BC.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tlong View Post
    I’m in Langley BC, I missed buying yours ! That was the car I crewed on ,I tried getting the sister car to yours recently but the current owner is building it up for his son.
    Tom, I'm looking forward to getting back on the grid next year (I've been out waiting for hernia surgery all summer), and it's only going to be better if we can find you a car to join us.

Is your dad going to make the switch back to FF as well?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Garey,
    I can not figure out how to add my 1990 SF2000 to the registry

Can you help?

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Garey,
    I can not figure out how to add my 1990 SF2000 to the registry

Can you help?
    Steve,
    I have to do it. If you send me the info, I can get it on fairly easily. Send the following info:
    Model: (as noted on the inside page of the Logbook)
    Year Made: (known or best guess)
    Current Owner: (However you want to be listed)
    When acquired: (known or best guess)
    Production Number: (From logbook, might be the roll bar/logbook number)
    Car Details and ownership history: (this is the info that comes up when you click on a picture on my website. The most important thing from a historical perspective is the most complete ownership history possible, including dates of transfer. You can click on my Z16 for an example (or any picture on the Registry page). You can also include anything significant about the car, updated body, brakes, complete restoration dates, significant wins and championships in addition to the Runoffs.)
    Picture

I can always update as additional information becomes available.
    Last edited by Garey Guzman; 10.08.23 at 10:45 PM.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Tom, I'm looking forward to getting back on the grid next year (I've been out waiting for hernia surgery all summer), and it's only going to be better if we can find you a car to join us.

Is your dad going to make the switch back to FF as well?

Hey Alan,We definitely missed seeing you out there this year. Yes Dad plans to run next year in the fords.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tlong View Post
    Hey Alan,We definitely missed seeing you out there this year. Yes Dad plans to run next year in the fords.
    That's great, Tom!

Yeah... ...but I finally got my hernia fixed, so next year, I should be go to go. ?

Thread Information