Thread: Dennis Eades

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Dennis Eades

I see Hayden Eades racing an FF or FC in the midwest but have not heard anything in years about the great Dennis....

Last I saw him, maybe decade ago, he was in failing health, can anyone update me on Dennis Eades these days ?

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    I see Hayden Eades racing an FF or FC in the midwest but have not heard anything in years about the great Dennis....

Last I saw him, maybe decade ago, he was in failing health, can anyone update me on Dennis Eades these days ?
    Unfortunately he continues to be in a slow decline, but he does come out to the track when Hayden is racing.

Liked: 16

Hey this is Hayden Dennis’ son. He’s doing alright, he still yells at me so that’s good. My mom keeps him in order but he’s been moving really slow lately mainly because he’s stubborn and doesn’t want to do any exercise or anything. But we still get him to some races and the shop a bit. We’ll be at the regional at Blackhawk in October.

5. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

I never knew Dennis very well...

But we have had several mutual friends over the years, and he was really nice to me as a kid when I hand-lettered a RT4 for him at, I think, the ‘84 Runoffs (where we are right now, except for it being at VIR).

(I painted a “Betamax race tape for sale” sign for James King at the ‘79 Sprints, too when 18, and believe it was also a ComPrep entry...?).

I’m glad to read he’s okay.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    I never knew Dennis very well...

But we have had several mutual friends over the years, and he was really nice to me as a kid when I hand-lettered a RT4 for him at, I think, the ‘84 Runoffs (where we are right now, except for it being at VIR).

(I painted a “Betamax race tape for sale” sign for James King at the ‘79 Sprints, too when 18, and believe it was also a ComPrep entry...?).

I’m glad to read he’s okay.

Hi Hayden,
    I think we met that last time I saw him, you guys were running who knows who in who knows what at an FRP F2000 Road Atlanta weekend, must have been 2014 maybe ?
    thanks for the post, now your job is to tell him something really rude, as he would only expect, from me and Tracy Carmichael Rand..... maybe something about the charges we want to bring when he stole the stupid pink flamingoes we had out when renting at Point Elkhart...
    Man, I hope he remembers, we all snorted beer out our noses...
    Knowing how much he despises emotion of any kind be sure to tell him Tracy and I love him and miss him....

Thanks Hayden,
    Mike Rand

8. The following 7 users liked this post:

We still have those flamingos in the shop haha!! I always wondered why they were there. I will tell him tonight.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Hayden, well understanding what a true luddite your father is I doubt he does email ?
    Or have a cell phone and texts ?

Love to chat with him, even text or email....

Default Well done young Eades

I see where Hayden Eades won FC at Blackhawk over the weekend, well done !
    Tormenting FA and P2 cars must have brough a grin to Dennis's face !

Hayden, does your father do email or texting at all ?
    If yes please pm me his contact info....

michaelrand37@gmail.com

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 165

Hayden dominated! He's been the rabbit I've been chasing all year, and every time I feel like I'm starting to match his pace he goes and finds another half second or more the next session. Great driver and an even better sportsman.
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Default Dennis ?

Curious, does dad Dennis attend to torment young Hayden at the track ?

16. The following members LIKED this post:

kea

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    I see where Hayden Eades won FC at Blackhawk over the weekend, well done !
    Tormenting FA and P2 cars must have brough a grin to Dennis's face !

Hayden, does your father do email or texting at all ?
    If yes please pm me his contact info....

michaelrand37@gmail.com
    Sent ya a PM. You can call him for sure! He doesn't really email or text anymore but I'm not sure he ever did before!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockbeau25 View Post
    Hayden dominated! He's been the rabbit I've been chasing all year, and every time I feel like I'm starting to match his pace he goes and finds another half second or more the next session. Great driver and an even better sportsman.

I'm no rabbit I'm a turkey!! But really I'm just winging it out there and trying not to hit the real wild turkeys in turn 7!

Thread Information