Liked: 7

Default PFC pad deposition

Hi All,
    I've used PFC pads on the FM for nearly ten years. I've always been a fan but I feel like the past few years that I have been getting a lot of pad deposition on the rotors which is nearly impossible to cure. I can feel it when braking and especially at low speeds.
    I know that Hawk Blue is also a popular pad. Do people have similar pad deposit problems with Hawk? Can anyone who has run both comment on their performance?
    '95 FM Red the "Formula Meowzda"

Liked: 977

All modern pad compounds impart a transfer layer to the rotor however it should not be a build up that would affect the feel of the pedal or have a negative impact on Mu or other performance characteristics. If I were you I and the rotors were of adequate thickness, I would have them surfaced and start anew.

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    All modern pad compounds impart a transfer layer to the rotor however it should not be a build up that would affect the feel of the pedal or have a negative impact on Mu or other performance characteristics. If I were you I and the rotors were of adequate thickness, I would have them surfaced and start anew.
    Thanks. I ran these pads for years without big patches of pad transfer. I used to run PFC on a Porsche as well. I feel like something has changed in the past few years. I think I'm going to play around with some Hawks/new rotors and see what I think.
    '95 FM Red the "Formula Meowzda"

Liked: 597

Dave W. made it sound like not only does one get transfer with PFC but if ever changing to a different compound or pad manufacturer, what was the PFC transfer will markedly interfere with performance....so it was essential to resurface the rotors.
    I have consistently run PFC (Thank you for your past Sponsorship PFC and Primus) on my FC. I like to bed them in at Daytona......come out of the pits and moderately brake at moderate speed into the horseshoe.....a little faster and harder into the hairpin......much faster/harder into turn 6.......wind it up on the banking and then very hard brake on the flat section over to the left of the backstretch......and then I'm generally good to go after that fourth exercise.

I liked the Hawk Blue on my Crossle 32F Club Ford. I would move rears to fronts at times when I only had one set left and also flip 'em right to left on the same rotor once in a while too if they looked a little wedge shaped.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information