Liked: 97

Default CF minimum Weight and log book page number

Hello, If someone can tell me the official weight for a club Ford that will run regional
    and possible vintage races I would appreciate it very much.
    1976 Zink Z10-c and 1981 Zink Z16 are the subjects.
    I don't have the patience for the online GCR any more.
    Thanks very much!

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Hi Skip.
    It depends on who is running the event.
    For SCCA, CF is a Regional class and final specs are determined by the Regions. It used to be the same as FF but with the radial spec FF tire adding 10lbs per car, I'm not sure if Regions/Divisions added that weight to CF or left it at 1100 with driver. Unfortunately, my Z16 hasn't been driven since 2009!
    For Vintage, Monoposto rules say the car-only must weight at least 950 but I know SVRA does their own thing, requiring 1125 with driver after session.

Bottom line is that the organization will need to be contacted to determine how much lead needs to be loaded!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 143

Default vintage weights

Hi Skip,

I can't comment on the GCR page #, but vintage for CF depends on which group you're running with. Monoposto, who's rules most organizations traditionally used, stated that CF weight was 950# less driver and fuel. Now, many use an as raced minimum weight of 1110#, and SVRA is 1125#.

Cheers,
    Scott

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

For FF minimum weight, which depends on engine and gearbox, see GCR 9.1.1.B.20.A:

20. Weight
    A. Formula F
    1. Ford Cortina Engine: 1060 lbs.
    2. Ford Kent and Honda Fit Engines: 1110 lbs.
    3. Cars running with a sequentially shifted gear box shall add 25 lbs. to minimum weight.

As others pointed out, CF weight will depend on the organizing Region or sanctioning organization which stage the particular event.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 97

Gentlemen, Thank you for your help. The additional information is helpful also.
    I needed the info for Motorsportsreg. Skip

Thread Information