Liked: 298

Default formula car lift

Does anyone possibly have the plans/drawings to reproduce one of those lifts? They have been around a long time and I don't think anyone is still attempting to sell them. Something even as simple as a basic drawing with measurements. A fellow race would like to make one but I never built one since they are heavy and take up a lot of room for me to bother with. If I had one, I would measure it and I would make a drawing and email it to anyone but I don't. It is something that is better made locally due to it's size and weight.

Ed

Liked: 1108

PM sent.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 58

Default Lift Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    Does anyone possibly have the plans/drawings to reproduce one of those lifts? They have been around a long time and I don't think anyone is still attempting to sell them. Something even as simple as a basic drawing with measurements. A fellow race would like to make one but I never built one since they are heavy and take up a lot of room for me to bother with. If I had one, I would measure it and I would make a drawing and email it to anyone but I don't. It is something that is better made locally due to it's size and weight.

Ed
    Ed, I have the plans and they are attached below. I believe the original designer and owner of these passed away. When these were passed to me the instruction was that if you download them that you would make a donation to the SCCA Foundation, Street Survival program. I would ask everyone continue to do that.

easyLiftWithInstructions.pdf
    1993 Citation FV
    NEFV - 2022 Champion
    NERRC - 2022 Champion

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpthumper View Post
    Ed, I have the plans and they are attached below. I believe the original designer and owner of these passed away. When these were passed to me the instruction was that if you download them that you would make a donation to the SCCA Foundation, Street Survival program. I would ask everyone continue to do that.

easyLiftWithInstructions.pdf
    It was Brian McCarthy lest we forget.

6. The following 5 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Posner View Post
    It was Brian McCarthy lest we forget.
    Thanks, Bob.
    1993 Citation FV
    NEFV - 2022 Champion
    NERRC - 2022 Champion

Liked: 13

I will second the "Thanks, Bob"; Brian McCarthy did a lot for the FV community and he is missed....

-Jim

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 6

Ed, someone was selling a manual one at Summit last weekend for $100. I believe it was Mike Kelley, a friend of the Maloneys.

Liked: 298

I appreciate the responses to my question. I did download the drawing and associated assembly instructions so thanks. I knew Brian from racing against him at the runoff's a few times and it was sad to hear about his death.

That being said if I had gone to a race where I could easily have looked at and measured one I would also have just as good of a drawing or better. I have no intention of donating to the SCCA street survival program since as a 45 year member I have been donating to the club for 45 years. After this latest BS about the rain lights I am trying to decide if I have finally had enough.

Ed

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1397

Default Chassis Hoist

This is a rendering of a chassis hoist that I carried for several years . It brakes down into 3 pieces.

All the round tubing is exhaust tubing, .050 wall thickness.

I used a both a come-along and a chain fall to raise the cars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chassis Hoist_Page_1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	108175  
    Last edited by S Lathrop; 08.25.23 at 2:43 PM.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Thread Information