Liked: 13

Default For Sale Mariah/Tiga Sports 2000

Car is Sold.

For sale, Sports 2000 Mariah, built on an 82 Tiga tub. Losing my shop space.

I am not an S2000 historian, but I believe the Mariah was built by Hal Whipple (a successful Can Am driver in the 70s and 80s) to put a more aerodynamic body, with a downforce nose on the sweet-driving early Tiga chassis.
    I bought the car because when I raced SCCA in the early 1990s the Sports 2000 was my “dream class”. I bought this from Fred Michael who was running it in SCCA P2. It was solid mechanically, but a little tired cosmetically. I restored it to more period-correct look using analog gauges and snap-in quilted seat pad. I also cleaned and semi-polished the tub and rewired it. I cleaned up and dressed up the engine compartment. It has a rebuilt engine (by me) out of the spares package that came with the car (the engine in the car was damaged) that I would categorize as a “spare”. It has 30 over racing pistons on stock rods with the alternate cam. Fresh re-cased transaxle by Gear Daddys. The engine pulls fine, but comparison with front-running S2000s at Road Atlanta’s back straight, it is a little short on power compared to a full race engine.

I ran the car at the 2022 Mitty (had a short weekend due to a tuning issue after the engine rebuild) and the 2022 Fall Historics at Road Atlanta. The car is pretty well sorted at this time. It has it’s old SCCA logbooks as well as a recently issued HSR logbook. It has an annual good through October 2023. It is ready to race as it sits with a set of 2022 Hoosier scuffs. There is a nice spares package (see list in picture link) including a great set of gearsets. There are body molds for the Mariah body which are essential since the car is unique. Also, an early Tiga body if you chose to take it back to an as-built state. There is even another late 80s Tiga tub with mild RF damage.

Here is a link to the pics of my car, all recent. https://www.flickr.com/photos/45454959@N03/
    Located Murphy, NC.

Asking $17,000 for the complete package.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SHutson; 09.26.23 at 4:04 PM. Reason: car sold

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

You have a new pm

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Tiga

Art Jahn has tried to reach you multiple times about your car warranty…(kidding). Please call him at 608-617-3793

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    Art Jahn has tried to reach you multiple times about your car warranty…(kidding). Please call him at 608-617-3793
    I talked to him about noon. I'll send you my number via PM and you can forward it to him if he has additional questions.

Steve

Default Free Delivery Offer

I didn't realize the car was listed in this forum -mods must have moved it here - so I didn't get this update posted here. For a limited time I will offer free delivery within 300 driving miles of Murphy NC. Or, buy my trailer too and have built-in storage. Deal must happen before October 10.

You can have the car package and the trailer for $18,000,delivered.

The trailer is a white 2018 Rock Solid 18' plus V-nose. 8.5' wide. Solar panel, lithium battery, winch, LED interior, loading and running lights. Folding tire rack, folding work table, 2 VP jugs, 10x10 pop-up, table, nose rack, floor jack. The trailer is not for sale separately until the Sports 2000 is sold.

Attached Images Attached Images

I have an accepted offer on the car with deposit. Thanks the interest.

Thread Information