This guy just scammed me promising a seat for my
    Lola T540,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Johhny Reisert

Administrator
    Liked: 28

Default Scammer?

Johhny,

I don't find any users on Apexspeed that match the names or email addresses you listed.

KR

Quote Originally Posted by reisertracing View Post
    This guy just scammed me promising a seat for my
    Lola T540,

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    Johhny,

I don't find any users on Apexspeed that match the names or email addresses you listed.

KR
    I was sent a PM from someone on this message
    box that told me this Hermingsquareinc@gmail.com
    has a Lola T540 seat,
    there is another player who is on these sites and
    refers people to this other player.

thanks, John
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 95

Referring to his “buddy” is a newer scam. In reality it’s the same bastard. It’s the Wild West out there. Scammers everywhere. Buyer beware.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

Default Probably the same guy..

Probably the same guy who reached out to me claiming he had DB6 suspension parts. Starts off telling me he has 4 complete corners.. I ask him how much.. $500 for all four complete corners... When I asked for pictures he sent me a picture of a starter from a truck of some sort.

Hopefully he didn't get any money from you John, or if he did hopefully you get it back!

Meg

Liked: 17

Default Scammers

Its easy to suss out the scammers as they always reply to "Wanted" adverts

Rules I apply
    1 they will probably have Yahoo or Gmail address with a name and bunch of numbers= treat as scammer
    2 They will offer u something at a silly price that u know is too cheap-= if it's too good to be true therefore is !! SCAMMER
    3 If they refer u to a pal or third party = Scammer
    4 Ask for photo of the parts and if they arrive as the part u seek then ask them for a photo of the part with say shoe on the top or todays newspaper and todays date showing- If they protest make excuses then they dont have the parts and likely to have lifted photo of someone else's website or for sale advert
    5 If they send u phone number google that and the email address u will find other websites with adverts with the same data!!
    6its very easy to ask on club forums apex websites etc. Has anyone dealt with this person and see what comes back
    7 treat all parties responding to your wanted advert as a scammer until proven otherwise that way u will not be had over

8 IF in doubt then DONT!
    Act in haste repent at your leisure!!

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information