I sent you a PM regarding the car...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 295

Default Back on the market

Quote Originally Posted by -pru- View Post
    I sent you a PM regarding the car...
    So a couple of weeks ago I bought this car from PRU. I fell in love with the looks of the car and made an incorrect assumption that I could tweek it a bit here and there and get it so I can get in and out of it. I have been in and out of it about 7 times and find my hip bones will just fit (painfully) into it. So I am offering it for sale now.

It starts and runs excellently. I have made a few repairs such as bleeding the brakes and clutch and mounted the slicks. I planned a couple of weeks ago to run it at Walesboro but that did not work out as the realization that i did not fit sank in.

I took it to a race shop in Indy and discussed widening the frame 1" in the center but he was unwilling to do it and showed me why that was not a good idea. If anybody knows a shop that could do this for me I would be much obliged.

In the mean time I am offering it for sale for what I gave PRU for it.

$15,000

Will trade for a wider car with a Honda engine (up or down.)

Tom
    765 490 0275

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default additional facts from car and log book

First I found the chassis number stamped under the dash area ... MG.96. 2000.001.FT. Then upon looking at the log book it says the year make model is MG 2,000. I am wondering if this is a 2000 year and chassis #1?

Then the log book number is 18-831 and the member number is 105793 and it is a replacement log issued oj 16 June 2023. (European order of date numbers).

Any comments or facts that can be added?

Tom

Liked: 254

It is also possible it was an FC (F2000) when originally manufactured. There were a number of those in the 90s built that way. I believe Vectors were only built in the early/mid 90s.

Liked: 309

Default Ff2000...

Quote Originally Posted by 2BWise View Post
    It is also possible it was an FC (F2000) when originally manufactured. There were a number of those in the 90s built that way. I believe Vectors were only built in the early/mid 90s.
    My thoughts as well; I believe this car was originally configured as a FF2000 and then later converted to a FF1600. Also, I recall these cars had a short production run that spanned the 1993 to ~1998 time frame.

Photo of Vector in FF2000 trim:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    First I found the chassis number stamped under the dash area ... MG.96. 2000.001.FT. Then upon looking at the log book it says the year make model is MG 2,000. I am wondering if this is a 2000 year and chassis #1?

Then the log book number is 18-831 and the member number is 105793 and it is a replacement log issued oj 16 June 2023. (European order of date numbers).

Any comments or facts that can be added?

Tom
    If it was a replacement logbook, the region (18=Land 'o lakes Region) would probably have a record of WHY a replacement was given. MIGHT also have additional data in their notes. You should be able to reach Chief of Tech via their website contact us page.
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    If it was a replacement logbook, the region (18=Land 'o lakes Region) would probably have a record of WHY a replacement was given. MIGHT also have additional data in their notes. You should be able to reach Chief of Tech via their website contact us page.
    Steve
    Thanks guys! So does that possibly settle in on the idea that it was a 2000 FC built in 96? If built as a FC then changed to FF would explain the adapter plates...(?).
    Last edited by t walgamuth; 11.29.23 at 12:37 PM.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Deal pending.

Thread Information