Liked: 27

Default Ozark International Raceway

This is the most fun I have had driving a race car on a race track. A new track west of St Louis with FIA approved safety and unbelievable elevation gains and losses..1420 feet. The track personnel handled all situations with professionalism rarely seen at the club level. I highly recommend anyone to visit this place. There is a video attached from my Sunday qualifying that shows the flow but does not do the place justice on the elevation.

https://youtu.be/TAWNWqAJZRM

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Wills View Post
    This is the most fun I have had driving a race car on a race track. A new track west of St Louis with FIA approved safety and unbelievable elevation gains and losses..1420 feet. The track personnel handled all situations with professionalism rarely seen at the club level. I highly recommend anyone to visit this place. There is a video attached from my Sunday qualifying that shows the flow but does not do the place justice on the elevation.

https://youtu.be/TAWNWqAJZRM
    Damn! I watched Whitney's, too. FIA-grade safety? What grade, do you know?
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

The track owner had told us that he worked with the FIA when building the track. They looked at all of the retaining walls and had him move the first turn barrier to comply. I should have asked what FIA grade he was approved to. As an example, Whitney exited the track at the second highest speed corner, went thru the gravel trap and stopped short of the wall.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Want to thank Daryll, Whitney and Ray for making the trip to the Ozarks. It is a great facility and a wild ride. Daryll is right, the videos just don't do it justice.

Also want to say with all the talk about FC and FE2 issues on track, I ran side-by-side with Daryll on part of the first race lap on Saturday. Daryll was great to run with, never had a doubt on racing room and it was a lot of fun. I'd run with them anytime. I looped it in the carousel after a couple laps and gave up after that but it was fun while it lasted.

Something worth putting on your list for next year.

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

That is a lot of Armco. Is this track planning on spectator events?

What were they thinking with that pit entrance location?

Seems like a FIA certification does not make for a good club racing track in this case.

Brian

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    What were they thinking with that pit entrance location?
    I commented about that last corner in one of Whitney's Facebook posts. That looks DANGEROUS.
    Last edited by CheckeredFlag; 07.18.23 at 3:41 PM.
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

The last turn is a 1st gear turn. you are accelerating up a hill. The chances of hitting the end of the wall are virtually none. Even if you do, there is a lot of bumper on the end of it.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

Video looks like terrific fun to drive fast on...

But I asked this when the track map came out, and ask again, is there really anywhere to pass in a race situation between roughly equal cars ? There was one place that 'maybe' a dive bomb might work if the passee wasn't willing to risk damage.

And that pit entrance FIA approved ?
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

10,11, 17 are good opportunities to pass… it’s always difficult to pass an equal performing car. This track does lend itself to mistakes. An alert driver will tail a car and take advantage of an error.

Liked: 322

what about in the rain or in slippery conditions? Still looks dangerous, rest of the track looks pretty good..

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Wills View Post
    The last turn is a 1st gear turn. you are accelerating up a hill. The chances of hitting the end of the wall are virtually none. Even if you do, there is a lot of bumper on the end of it.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 7

Default Ozark Gears?

Hi to all,

Does anyone have a vintage FF (FF2 here) gear suggestions for Ozark? 9.31 Pinon
    Thx in advance

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Default Ozarks

Try Tim Adcock. He is a member on this forum and you can also find him on Facebook. Tim has been there several times.

Liked: 7

Default Ozarks

Thanks Bill - will do

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Johnson 42 View Post
    Try Tim Adcock. He is a member on this forum and you can also find him on Facebook. Tim has been there several times.

Thread Information