Liked: 78

Default Ohio Valley Sprints

Anyone in FF planning to race in FF at this event? We're wanting to make the trip from Texas and are trying to decide if want to make the trip since there's only one CF entered.

Ohio Valley Sprints Aug 12-13. Looks like FF is group 2.

Meg Sauce
    SowDiv FF#10

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Actually FF and CFF are group 4 according to the supps. And it is even worse zero entries for that group at this time. BUT the races around here tend to get a lot of entries at the last minute. Also there is a regional at MO 2 weeks before that and I am sure a lot of folks are waiting to make sure that they and their cars are in one piece for the August 12-13 race.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Steve. You're right, FF is group 4. Hopefully some more cars register. Looks like I'll be coming either way.

Meg Sauce
    SowDiv FF#10

Liked: 71

Meg,
    FWIW..there is usually a fall double regional up there...possibly called the "War Games" or some such lingo...that is a nice event and well attended. If anyone from that region could chime in...is that still a thing. i would love to come to that if still a thing.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 57

Meg,

If you had warned me a bit sooner I would have gone! I grew up in central KY and make at lease one pilgrimage a year, I was actually there last week. While I was there, I was talking to my dad and told him I would race at Mid Ohio sometime in 2024 and take him along. So when you start planning for next year let me know!

Cliff,

I grew up listening to stories about the WOR games!

Matt Boian
    14 FF
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 56

I live 6 miles from the track and attend all these events. The October event seems to be the best attended of the remaining Regionals. Probably because Runoffs are over and people need to get one last fix. The weather has been hospitable the last several years.

JNS
    FC 72

Liked: 71

The old geezers consider Road Atlanta their real runoffs track...next generation of not quite as old geezers consider Mid Ohio their runoffs track...including me. That time of year is wonderul if the weather holds...hope to be there!

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

As an OLD geezer I consider both them to be THE Runoffs track

Liked: 99

Curious if there are others planning on joining FF at either event - the IT*SpEctacular on 7/29-30 or the Ohio Sprints on 8/12-13. Grattan Majors is just after on the 19-20
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

Liked: 19

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    Curious if there are others planning on joining FF at either event - the IT*SpEctacular on 7/29-30 or the Ohio Sprints on 8/12-13. Grattan Majors is just after on the 19-20
    We're going to the Grattan Majors. Rob Dietz is already signed up so hopefully we can get at least 5 or more FF's for that weekend.

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    Meg,
    FWIW..there is usually a fall double regional up there...possibly called the "War Games" or some such lingo...that is a nice event and well attended. If anyone from that region could chime in...is that still a thing. i would love to come to that if still a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mboian90 View Post
    Meg,

If you had warned me a bit sooner I would have gone! I grew up in central KY and make at lease one pilgrimage a year, I was actually there last week. While I was there, I was talking to my dad and told him I would race at Mid Ohio sometime in 2024 and take him along. So when you start planning for next year let me know!

Cliff,

I grew up listening to stories about the WOR games!

Matt Boian
    14 FF
    Cliff,
    If we weren't going on a cruise with Jeremy's parents in October I would be more willing to look into the WOR games. Was hoping to make this event but I can't justify it if my Dad and I are the only FF's entered.

Matt,
    Sounds like a plan! I haven't driven Mid Ohio so it would be a learning curve for me. Hopefully my Dad will take his car and race too.

Meg Sauce

Liked: 39

Default Mid-Ohio Regional, Oct 15-16, 2023

I've attended this event for about 16 consecutive years, its typically the end of my season. As of today the F&C folks have a post on Motorsport Reg for this event but the race doesn't appear there yet. As long as they run this event I'll be there with my CFF.
    Chuck Smith
    Tiga FFA-81

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information