Liked: 5

For Sale 2006 West P2/DSR for sale

West2.jpgSelling my West P1/DSR and all spares. Car is located in Orlando Florida. Great car, team is just going in a different direction. Pics and description are from ad when I purchased car. I am the third owner of the car, second owner never ran it but took great care of it. Essentially the same, just ran a few autocross events with it. $28K

Built and prepared by JFC Racing – Premier Prep shop
    • Estimate of 60 races total on the car
    • Two logbooks (SCCA and Midwestern Council)
    • Full Homologation Papers as P1
    • Suzuki GSXR 1000 –

George Dean Engine
    o 12 Hours of use (with low Rev Limit set)
    o Reported by George Dean that this is a 10 tenths engine.

Quafe Diff
    Full Tunnels

Transmission
    o Shifter: no lift paddle shift
    o Auto Blip downshift
    o Geartronics
    o Onboard compressor

Full AIM Data Logger
    o AIM dash on Steering Wheel

Fuel Cell
    o Manufacturer: fuel safe
    o Capacity: 10 gal.
    o Fuel Pump: bosch

Spa Fire System

Estimate of 850#

Willwood Brakes
    o 4 pot front
    o 2 pot rear

Wheels
    o 12 Jongblood (8 and 10”)
    o 4 Kodak with excellent rains

Speedseat

Lightweight battery.

Example of Spares:

Wheels

• 1 set of Kodiak Wheels with GOOD rains
    • #1 set Jungblood (lightened)
    • #2 set Jungblood
    • #3 set Jungblood

Body

• 2 Spare wing endplates (rear)
    • 4 spare nose flaps
    • 1 spare front Diffuser/Crustbox including spare lift brackets
    • 4 spare wing mounts of different configurations to run a low wing
    • Misc Dzus Parts

Suspension

• Spare suspension mounts
    • Rod ends
    • misc

Brakes

• Spare rotors
    • Misc brake parts

Engine

• Spare ECU
    • Wiring
    • Water Plumbing
    • Oil plumbing
    • Refurbished and cleaned Oil Cooler
    • Fuel Pump
    • Fuel filter
    • Fittings
    • And much more.

Driveline

• Bolts
    • Chain
    • Sprockets
    • CV’s
    • Boots
    • Axles
    • More

Support

• Tail lifting jack
    • Nose lifting jack
    • Chain breaker/riveter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Stone; 07.13.23 at 10:18 AM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Minor clarification: there were three prior owners to you: 1: Roggenbuck, 2: Jeffords (that's me), 3: Jahn

I have a binder of miscellaneous notes that I forgot to give to Jahn when he bought it from me. I'll look through it this weekend to see if there is anything that may be of interest to the next owner.

Default Thanks John

Thanks for the info. That fills in some questions I had. Thank you for offering any info as well. Car is great and a blast to drive, Just need to find it a new home so its not just sitting in my shop

Liked: 133

What year GSXR? What does George's Dyno Sheet show for the engine?
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farrout48 View Post
    What year GSXR? What does George's Dyno Sheet show for the engine?
    It is either a 2007 or 2008. If not in seller's paperwork, I'll check my old binder to see if there is a power curve. I do recall talking to George Dean shortly after I bought it, who indicated it was a "fully built, 10/10ths" engine.

Default Gsxr 1000

I looked thru the 3 logbooks that i got with the car and don't see anything about engine year. However, It does come with a spare motor as well.

Liked: 0

Hi I might be interested in your west/stohr, Can you email me direct with more information at:

dankowaleski@sbcglobal.net

The car appears to be in P1 configuration?
    Do you have current pictures of the car as it sits?
    Are any of the safety items in date? Belts, fire system, cell bladder?
    When was the last time the car was on track?
    Times from last outing?
    Did the paddle shift system work correctly?
    Any issues?
    Why selling?

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dano610 View Post
    Hi I might be interested in your west/stohr, Can you email me direct with more information at:

dankowaleski@sbcglobal.net

The car appears to be in P1 configuration?
    Do you have current pictures of the car as it sits?
    Are any of the safety items in date? Belts, fire system, cell bladder?
    When was the last time the car was on track?
    Times from last outing?
    Did the paddle shift system work correctly?
    Any issues?
    Why selling?

Thanks
    Dan
    I'm not sure what class it would be in now but it had P1 graphic on it when purchased. Car is exactly as it appears in pictures. ( I removed some of their sponsors and replaced with mine but graphics are the same overall.) Belts are out of date, not sure on fire system. I flushed the fuel system and cleaned everything out thoroughly. Ran a few autocross events in the past 6 months (never really pushed it hard) Paddle shift worked perfectly. No issues, team is just going in a different direction. Lots of spares

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default West

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone View Post
    I'm not sure what class it would be in now but it had P1 graphic on it when purchased. Car is exactly as it appears in pictures. ( I removed some of their sponsors and replaced with mine but graphics are the same overall.) Belts are out of date, not sure on fire system. I flushed the fuel system and cleaned everything out thoroughly. Ran a few autocross events in the past 6 months (never really pushed it hard) Paddle shift worked perfectly. No issues, team is just going in a different direction. Lots of spares
    it’s a p1 based upon tunnels. It can be reconfigured to run p2 tho. 2007-2008 gsxr 1000 engine. Top shelf motor in the car.
    I am a prior owner who sold it as I had to move across the country and had only limited room but didn’t want to sell.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    it’s a p1 based upon tunnels. It can be reconfigured to run p2 tho. 2007-2008 gsxr 1000 engine. Top shelf motor in the car.
    I am a prior owner who sold it as I had to move across the country and had only limited room but didn’t want to sell.
    Thank you for the clarification Courtney

I have not received an email with regards to this car? Is the car still for sale? I have no pictures of car as it sits? Is there a seat in the car? New foam? Are you actually interested in selling? Not going to negotiate or purchase on a forum? If you are interested in selling please email me directly and we can exhange cell#s to see if a sale can be worked out?
    Thanks
    Dan

Contributing Member

Dan, when I sold this car to Jahn, it had a fresh non-upholstered SpeedSeat poured around my 5'-9" 190lb size. I can probably convince Jody to upholster it for the next owner over the off season.

I paid Nicholas Belling to remotely connect to the GCU and tune the Geartronics system while I watched and learned. I still have my notes from all the Geartronics learning I got from Nic, and would be happy to share with the next owner (you may already have this if Jahn forwarded you the 3-ring binders I created). I purchased the lubricants that Nic recommended and disassembled/inspected/lubricated all the pneumatic components (valve block, throttle blipper, shift actuator, etc). There was an electric air compressor on the car when I sold it, which worked fine, however it does introduce moisture into the shifter pneumatics, which then needs to be blown out occassionally. If not done already, this compressor can be replaced by a paint-ball style air tank and pressure regulator (as is typical for the modern P1 air shifter systems).

Unless replaced by subsequent owners, the differential is by "Taggart Performance Engineering." Ken Taggart is still around, but he turned over his diff business to Taylor Race Engineering many years ago, but unfortunately Taylor no longer services this unit. So if you are a do-it-yourselfer, a phone call with Ken would probably get you the teardown and service information needed to do preventive maintenance and fluid changes.

I sent out photos of the suspension components (uprights, spindles, hubs, a-arms, etc) to several Stohr gurus, and was assured that these components were upgraded designs (2nd generation?) that did not suffer fatigue like the original designs were prone to.

I used it a half-dozen times at Road America, Blackhawk Farms, and the Milwaukee Mile road course, and had an absolute blast! A fantastic combination of acceleration, lateral G's, and push-button paddle shifting! It would be great to see a new owner get this car back on the track again.
    Last edited by Jon Jeffords; 07.21.23 at 1:34 PM. Reason: Differential comment.

Default Current Pics as it sits today

Last edited by Steve Stone; 07.22.23 at 6:14 PM.

Default Car is sold

CAr and spares are sold. Heading to its new owner/driver in California

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Jon I just purchased this car, I would love to get any setup and maintenance information you have on this car. I am planning on getting fully back to race form and running it in SCCA P1 here regionally in SFR. Any information you have I love to get from you. I can venmo you some cash to cover shipping expenses for any of the books/binders/setup sheets or info you have.
    Thanks
    Dan Kowaleski

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dano610 View Post
    Jon I just purchased this car, I would love to get any setup and maintenance information you have on this car.
    Sounds good, Dan. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Thread Information