Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1475

Default Genturi's/exhaust stacks

When I crewed for a guy at Laguna in 2014 there was a requirement for Motorhomes to have an exhaust stack for the genset. Just searched the current GCR and can't find a reference to it anymore. No longer required?

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

That would be a track requirement - not in the GCR.....

Never seen that - but they do have quiet hours and if it is unusually hot, the pits have no power!

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/s...99485460700000

so i intend to have the RV in the paddock with the racecar and trailer - heard that was OK? Also heard we wont be hassled about a pet

anybody have differt experience?

Liked: 323

This is not a comment at Rick, but an opportunity to make a comment at anyone who runs a generator in paddock. YOUR exhaust is YOUR emission and YOU should be considerate to neighbors with it. Being parked in paddock can be excessively congested as we are all aware. Having no consideration of dumping emissions right into a neighbors paddock area is simply rude.

I have a gooseneck with onboard 5KW. Exhaust comes out under the goose and goes to the left side of vehicle. I do not have a snorkel. But, I keep a 2KW portable generator in the trailer also. 5KW is needed to run the AC in trailer, but I find that I run the 2KW about 85% of the time anyway. I am usually only running lights, and chargers. 2KW uses less fuel and I like the fact that I can angle the sound of exhaust and emissions to where ever is the most acceptable.

5. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 182

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post
    This is not a comment at Rick, but an opportunity to make a comment at anyone who runs a generator in paddock. YOUR exhaust is YOUR emission and YOU should be considerate to neighbors with it. Being parked in paddock can be excessively congested as we are all aware. Having no consideration of dumping emissions right into a neighbors paddock area is simply rude.

I have a gooseneck with onboard 5KW. Exhaust comes out under the goose and goes to the left side of vehicle. I do not have a snorkel. But, I keep a 2KW portable generator in the trailer also. 5KW is needed to run the AC in trailer, but I find that I run the 2KW about 85% of the time anyway. I am usually only running lights, and chargers. 2KW uses less fuel and I like the fact that I can angle the sound of exhaust and emissions to where ever is the most acceptable.
    One of the reasons we appreciate Gray, his courtesy.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

I built a homemade genturi for the runoffs but I need to resurrect it. I'ts just another thing to have to mess with when setting up and tearing down.

I've learned how to get along without the genny for most of the weekend - until it gets hot.

Thread Information