Liked: 105

Default Pitt Race simulator software

Hello,

Does anyone know which sim program includes Pitt Race? Does that program have an F2000 car?

Thanks!
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Liked: 66

It appears Pitt Race is in rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa via mods and both those sims have a number of open wheel cars natively and even more with mods. rFactor 2 has a USF2000 built in and Assetto Corsa has a number of slower formula cars modded in as well. My guess is it will be quite possible to learn the rights and lefts of the track using either one of those sims, though probably neither will be perfect.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 105

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJustice View Post
    It appears Pitt Race is in rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa via mods and both those sims have a number of open wheel cars natively and even more with mods. rFactor 2 has a USF2000 built in and Assetto Corsa has a number of slower formula cars modded in as well. My guess is it will be quite possible to learn the rights and lefts of the track using either one of those sims, though probably neither will be perfect.

Great advice, thank you! I just today installed the Assetto Corsa sim.
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Liked: 447

The question would be which one has the most accurate version of PittRace... Anyone that has laps there have any input?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 298

You could just go to YouTube and watch some video's. It shouldn't need to be car specific and you will then know the track layout. Great track and going there this weekend.

Ed

Liked: 15

Default Pitt Race

I used Pitt Race in rFactor2 and after driving it in real life, seems pretty good. Gets you some good visuals and representations of elevation and corner degrees.
    Gabe Fehribach - Driver: Plum Crazy #9 Formula Enterprises 2
    Mechanical Designer, Race Fan
    Some race videos: https://www.youtube.com/@clockwiseautosport

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    You could just go to YouTube and watch some video's. It shouldn't need to be car specific and you will then know the track layout. Great track and going there this weekend.

Ed
    I've done tracks for the first time from watching videos alone (Hallett) and from lapping in a simulator (CotA) and I was distinctly more well prepared after lapping in the simulator. There is a meaningful difference between watching and doing, even with all the caveats that apply when using fairly entry-level simulators.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJustice View Post
    I've done tracks for the first time from watching videos alone (Hallett) and from lapping in a simulator (CotA) and I was distinctly more well prepared after lapping in the simulator. There is a meaningful difference between watching and doing, even with all the caveats that apply when using fairly entry-level simulators.
    i have a fairly new 14 core intel processor with the latest on board iris built in video graphics chip. Can any of the simulators run on this platform. Not worried about quality. Just will it run

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Silver View Post
    i have a fairly new 14 core intel processor with the latest on board iris built in video graphics chip. Can any of the simulators run on this platform. Not worried about quality. Just will it run
    Probably, though you'll have to turn the graphics way down. Integrated graphics cards are awful. Even an entry-level gaming video card will work better.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information