Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 26

Default Response to original post question

Back to Jim's questions in the first post:

I feel the class should responded positively to Hoosier's willingness to do group purchase batch runs again in the future. It is a simple solution with the least amount of impact to all. I'm sure some friendly buying and selling of unused or needed tires will be commonplace between batch runs. I'm confident it would work.

Worst case, another future group purchase batch run will delay the need to make a change allowing the class time to make an informed decision.

Craig

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 183

Craig, I disagree.

If we go along with Hoosiers batch runs, what happens if one season, we don't get the sales needed for a batch? are you willing to take a season off because not everyone got their tire order in on time?

Liked: 80

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    Craig, I disagree.

If we go along with Hoosiers batch runs, what happens if one season, we don't get the sales needed for a batch? are you willing to take a season off because not everyone got their tire order in on time?
    Heads up but batch are 64 tires, that would mean 32 people each year or 16 people if you buy 2 sets a year would need to pre-order tire each year.

Ben

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 26

Hi Chris,

Jim asked a question, and I gave him my answer. You did the same in post #7. Others did too. No need to inform me you disagree as I've read all the post, in multiple threads, on this topic several times.

You have a valid point but I'm no fool and would require a written commitment from the proper Hoosier folks address to the needed SCCA staff to move forward with another future group order purchase. Something that included Hoosier's requirements and good faith intent to fulfill the order if meet. Again, I think it can be done and is worth the effort to try.

That being said, I get the impression I'm in the minority and if the class majority decide to logically move forward with a different plan, I can live with that.

Surprisingly, very few replied to Jim's question. I know I was getting confused and frustrated with multiple threads and topic drift in each so I needed time to think it through. There is no easy solution (all have compromises and risks) thus my recommendation to peruse another group purchase batch run to allow time for proper tire option testing. And yes, I'm willing to contribute to those that have the time, weather, and talent to provide us all with unbiased data so an informed decision can be made.

I do appreciate everyone's efforts,

Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information