Thread: Nose rack

Liked: 123

Default Nose rack

New to PFM
    Does anyone have a design, or pictures of a nose transport rack that mounts on the car?

Liked: 52

Quote Originally Posted by captdigi View Post
    New to PFM
    Does anyone have a design, or pictures of a nose transport rack that mounts on the car?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200523_123747.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	107258

This is what I had for my FE2. Being that both cars are of Van Diemen origin and they're visually quite similar, it is possible that the rack would also work on a PFM, but if not it's a good reference for how to build one.

Mine came from Alliance Autosport in Columbus, OH.

Liked: 7

Default Nose rack

Same concept. Previous owner fabriacated it, but I thought it would shake around a bit too much during transport, so I disassembled it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0576.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	107259  

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by CSasfai View Post
    Same concept. Previous owner fabriacated it, but I thought it would shake around a bit too much during transport, so I disassembled it.
    Appreciating that it was a PO that designed it, but seems needlessly complex and potentially shaky. All the ones I've used were just two straight posts (with appropriate tabs welded on) that bolted vertically to the four mounts on the tub front, and used the four mounts on the crush box.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 123

Thank you kindly for the responses!!!

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    Appreciating that it was a PO that designed it, but seems needlessly complex and potentially shaky. All the ones I've used were just two straight posts (with appropriate tabs welded on) that bolted vertically to the four mounts on the tub front, and used the four mounts on the crush box.
    That's what I did. I also welded on some captive nuts to the upper tabs.

I did have some extra spacing in the tabs to the car so that the vertical posts would clear the upper cowl generously.

Basic procedure is to lay the rack on the ground. Remove the nose and mount it to the rack. Lift the end of the rack and loosely thread in the lower screws. Lift it up and insert the uppers. Takes maybe 3 minutes with an impact driver.

I used steel 1x1 tube.

Thread Information