Liked: 296

Default Fuel Safe - How to Speak to a Person?

I have been calling and emailing for two weeks, nothing.

I have a custom cell that turned to powder, it says Fuel Safe on it. I've taken photos, sent them, sent info on the car. I simply can't get a response.

Any insight on this?
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 3279

Default How was it stored?

No contact info, but:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...l-Cell-Storage

If you stored it with street gas with ethanol, that can rapidly kill cells not made for it.
    Dave Weitzenhof

I didn't store it. The car is a '93 Ferrari 348 LM that was stashed away sometime in the early/mid 00's and is now under my supervision. My best guess is that the cell was made around 2003, but despite decent documentation I have no direct records for the cell. I would hope Fuel Safe would have some records, perhaps even want to sell me a new one, but I cannot get in touch with anybody there. How many phone calls and emails should it take? Obviously, the many attempts I have made are not enough...
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 139

I bought two large cells from Fuel Safe in 2020. Went back to them for another one in 2022, exactly like you say, no contact. I used Pyrotect who are in Redmond Or. just on the other side of town from Fuel Safe. Small formula cell so I could send them my enclosure and hardware from the deteriorating Fuel Safe cell. FS cell built in 2008 cert for 5 years (2013) failed 2022.

The cell is so rough I don't know if I can even measure it. I would have to work backwards from the car, which I might have to do. This is why it would be nice if Fuel Safe knew how to answer a phone or return an email. I am sure they have drawings for the cell.

Liked: 139

Default FS numbers

I sent you a PM with a couple phone numbers.

Thread Information