Liked: 3

Default Now I've done it

Greetings, all. This is my first post here. I've "lurked" a while, looks to be a great community here. Is this the appropriate place to introduce myself? I hope to someday contribute but meanwhile will be at the teat.
    I've purchased this Reynard SF https://bringatrailer.com/listing/re...ld_paid_winner

I successfully completed the Skip open wheel schools a way back (illness intervened afterwards) so need to start over but am hoping it will be like riding a bike.

First priority is getting the car here as it was an impulse buy and I wasn't prepared to handle the logistics. My seller is patient, I don't wish to try his patience.
    Any help with transport advice is greatly appreciated. Car/trailer/spares are a bit overwhelming ($$$) for the usual U-Ship shippers.
    Next up is driver training and licensing.
    I'm handy with a wrench, a tad smarter than the average bear and have a pretty well equipped workshop.
    Near Chicago (60010) and hoping to make racing friends nearby.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 530

Welcome, congratulations and good luck !

Liked: 799

As far as delivery, start posting ads for "transport wanted to the June Sprints"

there must be guys in California coming to Road America who could squeeze your car in their trailer for gas money....

edit: I see you have already :-)
    try facebook pages for FC, etc as well
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 942

Default Done all the time...

BATS Motorsports. I shipped my Zink Z10 FF to Albuquerque NM with multiple wheel sets and boxes of spares and bodywork.

https://batsmotorsports.com/

Welcome to the addiction!
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 121

Congrats on your new toy. The 84 is a fun, forgiving car that is easy to work on and setup. It can be a lot faster than most give it credit for. Enjoy your time with it and this very helpful forum. Also, don't be too quick to listen to those that may suggest you need a later model car with fancy wizzy bits on it. I'd still be running mine if I hadn't gotten too big for it.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 597

Exotic car transport ........delivered my FC from Michigan to my door in Florida years ago. 407-877-0026 or 800-766-8797

I'll bet you're going to enjoy the Reynard

Yo Bill !! ....a 2:06 at Daytona other weekend.......yupper !

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Welcome to the gang!!!!

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Ross. Those 84 Reynard's are fantastic cars. Very forgiving and easy to drive fast. Your options for racing in the area are SCCA or Midwestern Council. I run with Council, on April 23rd we has 5 FCs the newest were 94s. I'm just north of Antioch in Paddock Lake WI. If you want to connect shoot me a message. Bruce

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Ross;

You done good, friend. Not necessarily buying that specific car, but joining this specific family. Welcome!

Although I am not knowledgeable on the exact current membership worldwide, but my last recollection is north of 25,000.

Most assuredly, ANY question you may have has been asked dozens of times. Lean on us.

Have the blast of your life. But be aware, the embers of this sport are impossible to extinguish. It is a sensual bonanza: the smell of racing fuel, the sights of the livery, the sounds of the horsepower. Over powering.
    Last edited by Rick Iverson; 05.28.23 at 7:23 PM.
    V/r

Iverson

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

My condolences to your wife, your golf gear, your check book, etc. You have reached the point of no return. [It doesn't take much to get to that point with this cocaine-substitute.] Welcome to the addiction. This forum is a veritable font of information, from some extremely knowledgeable and talented folks who are more than generous with their help. Think of it as home-base for open-wheel racers. You are unlikely to find a problem someone here hasn't already faced.
    Love that car. Great choice. Such a nice design. Have fun!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 28

Default The BLUE wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by It's Ross View Post
    Greetings, all. This is my first post here. I've "lurked" a while, looks to be a great community here. Is this the appropriate place to introduce myself? I hope to someday contribute but meanwhile will be at the teat.
    I've purchased this Reynard SF https://bringatrailer.com/listing/re...ld_paid_winner

I successfully completed the Skip open wheel schools a way back (illness intervened afterwards) so need to start over but am hoping it will be like riding a bike.

First priority is getting the car here as it was an impulse buy and I wasn't prepared to handle the logistics. My seller is patient, I don't wish to try his patience.
    Any help with transport advice is greatly appreciated. Car/trailer/spares are a bit overwhelming ($$$) for the usual U-Ship shippers.
    Next up is driver training and licensing.
    I'm handy with a wrench, a tad smarter than the average bear and have a pretty well equipped workshop.
    Near Chicago (60010) and hoping to make racing friends nearby.
    The matching BLUE wheels on the trailer you got are "the Bomb"!

Thread Information