Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

Default THE Original Swift DB-2-READY to Fly

Available for purchase, The Original Swift DB-2 Sports 2000. This is the works chassis that Steve Shelton drove to a podium finish at The SCCA Runoffs in 1984 for David Bruns and Swift.

The car was purchased by the current owner in June of 2021. DBS Motorsports, in Roswell, Georgia has gone through the car extensively. The bodywork was rehabbed back to (near) its factory Swift livery from 84. It looks amazing and will make the new owner proud. Paul Pfanner (Racer Magazine Publisher) was commissioned by Swift to complete a draft of the car based on design. The number on the car in the draft was #85, not #14 like was run during the Runoffs. That's why #85 is currently on the car....more original than original.

Other Updates:

*Brand new Fuel Cell (Installed October of 2022)
    *Safecraft Harness- good through the end of 2023 and can be re-webbed for free making them good through the end of 2025.
    *New Spa Technique mechanical fire system
    *Rebuilt (Original Equipment) Fox Shocks (Early Penske) by ANZE Suspension
    *2 Hours Fresh and Uprated 2-Liter Motor by Wayne Brown of RB Motorsports in Brunswick, Georgia.

The car comes with 2 sets of Tecnomagnesio wheels. Currently, one set on used AVON's. Sticker AVON's on the other.

SPARES:
    1 SPARE USED NOSE, NOT RESTORED
    1 USED UNRESTORED SIDE POD
    2 REAR TRAIL SPOILERS
    1 NEW REAR A-ARM
    1 USED REAR LOWER TOE LINK
    1 USED REAR UPPER CROSS MEMBER
    1 NEW FRONT UP RIGHT
    1 USED K&N CONE AIR CLEANER
    2 FRONT UPPER ROCKER ARMS
    1 SET OF EIBACH 400 RATE SPRINGS
    2 SPARE CV’S
    MISC DRIVELINE COMPOENTS
    1 USED COLLING SYSTEM SWILL POT
    MISC OIL SYSTEM COMPONENTS
    MISC ENGINE COMPARTMENT BRACKETS
    MISC BODYWORK DUCTING
    OTHER ODDS AND ENDS

We have some gears that could be included for an additional cost per set.

The car is available for sale for $49,900 or Bring Offer.

This car is ready to go. Add Fuel, torque the wheels and set the pressures. Honestly.

Delivery can be arranged with a loose arrival time for an additional cost.

I'm happy to discuss the car.

Call or text to two three nine 839. seven seven nine eight.
    email stevesheltonjr<at>me.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sheltonracing; 04.09.24 at 1:50 PM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 20

Here are a few more pics of the car currently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DBS Motorsports; 04.12.23 at 10:21 PM.
    2005 Cooper Tires Zetec Championship #35 GTP Motorsports

4. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Liked: 17

Default Prior owner

Do the records show previous owners? I'm wondering if this car was once owned by Rich Boston, who was from the Denver area.
    GaryJ

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Jarlson View Post
    Do the records show previous owners? I'm wondering if this car was once owned by Rich Boston, who was from the Denver area.

Hi Gary. I can have Doug look in the LogBook

Not a big deal. I was just curious as I handled Boston's car for a series of races.
    GaryJ

Liked: 1108

Good Luck with the sale and hope it’s okay to address Gary’s comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Jarlson View Post
    I hesitate commenting for not being absolutely sure here.

I knew Rich a little in the late ‘80s. He was a friend of our longtime friend Bob Schader, I believe he was a fellow attorney, and I have a vague recollection that Rich bought the DB2 Bob won the ‘85 Runoffs in.

If memory serves, I also think Rich died of cancer in about 1989 or so.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

That's the Rich Boston I was talking about. There was another car that was advertised as "the first DB-2." I always thought Boston's car was because it was the Runoffs winner.
    GaryJ

10. The following members LIKED this post:

If we’re talking about the same “other poster,” based on comments he’s made on this forum I tend to believe this ad by miles over the prior claim.

If any potential buyers of the car in this ad are wondering, the Sheltons are long-respected and straight up — and their cars always impeccable. If I had a farm, I’d bet it on this car being the true first DB2.

Edit: Clarifying, Schader's car was not the first DB2, but indeed *unequivocally was* the first DB2 to win the Runoffs. I was Bob’s sign and graphics guy from 1980 forward (including Camel Lights), and painted the numbers (#12) on his DB2 at the Runoffs, during a brief period he left Boulder to return home to California (before coming back to Boulder in I think 1986).
    Last edited by E1pix; 04.21.23 at 12:42 PM.

I was a sort of partner with Jim Hall and we ran not only Boston, but also at other times Lou Sell and Schader. I really enjoyed working with Bob. He had a great sense of humor and knew pretty much what he wanted from his car. I don't remember his running a Swift (that's just age probably.) He was running a Lola later and won a helluva race at SP in what was a prelim to, as I recall, the first NASCAR race there.
    GaryJ

Bob’s been a great friend, client, and mentor to my wife and myself since we were 19. Sponsored some of our karting, too.

Thanks for the comments.

And thinking more about it now, the Runoffs may have been his first time in the DB2. It seems he arrived with it in pure white, and a die-cut decal for his last name. And, think you’re right that he ran a different car in ACRL in ‘85 (I only saw him at the Runoffs).

Not sure whether to apologize to Mr. Shelton for the diversions, or bill him for our free thread bumps. ;-)

Can stop upon request. :-)

Contributing Member

Default Now Considering offers..

Bump to top...

Contributing Member

Default No Apologies needed...

Just need it sold....

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Bob’s been a great friend, client, and mentor to my wife and myself since we were 19. Sponsored some of our karting, too.

Thanks for the comments.

And thinking more about it now, the Runoffs may have been his first time in the DB2. It seems he arrived with it in pure white, and a die-cut decal for his last name. And, think you’re right that he ran a different car in ACRL in ‘85 (I only saw him at the Runoffs).

Not sure whether to apologize to Mr. Shelton for the diversions, or bill him for our free thread bumps. ;-)

Can stop upon request. :-)

Contributing Member

Default Swift DB-2 at The Mitty

The DB-2 will be on display at The Walter Mitty in Braselton. All serious inquiries should be emailed to stevesheltonjr<at>me.com. $1000 flat commission for anyone delivering a buyer to us. Thanks.
    Last edited by sheltonracing; 04.12.24 at 11:15 AM.

Thread Information