Liked: 322

Default More car info based on SCCA certificate?

Does anyone have information or insights on getting additional information from SCCA based on a certificate issued by them?

I don’t have the factory chassis plate on my car and the certificate doesn’t include the Royale number. The certificate has a “serial/chassis number” of 82-101-31AC. The original Royale number would have been “RP31M-xx” and the Arch Motors number would have been something like “AM82-xx” (neither can be found on my chassis - it had a lot of work done over the years). Log book supplied with the car only lists the certificate number, so that doesn’t help.

i will be making a couple assumptions here, please correct me if I’m wrong. The car in question is an ‘82 Royale RP31, so I am guessing the “82” in the serial number reflects the year, the “101” the region, and “31AC” combination of model number and regional ID??

if I can narrow it down to the correct region, I can email them. What I’m not sure is if the number assigned even reflects the region it was in.

thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

The homologation certificate was for the make and model of car, not the specific car.
    The logbook was for the specific car.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 322

Thanks, I will use the number from the book, although it is a ‘recent’ (20 years ago) book and not original to the import of this car. The book was issued in region 33..
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Region 31 is Philadelphia Region. Their tech people 'should' have maintained records of logbook issuance, and might have more information. I doubt that there is any other SCCA source of information about your car.

Region website here: https://www.phillyscca.com/
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 301

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Region 31 is Philadelphia Region. Their tech people 'should' have maintained records of logbook issuance, and might have more information. I doubt that there is any other SCCA source of information about your car.

Region website here: https://www.phillyscca.com/
    This is a homologation certificate issued by SCCA national office, NOT a log book issued by a region.
    Glenn

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by pacratt View Post
    This is a homologation certificate issued by SCCA national office, NOT a log book issued by a region.
    Glenn
    Exactly. The OP was looking for further information beyond the homologation certificate that the SCCA might have about his car. The place to start is with the logbook's original issuing region, not SCCA National.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 139

Looking at two of my SCCA certificates the Serial or Chassis line shows the car serial number, no other info. Is there an identity number on the front of your SCCA log book? It's my understanding that the Identity Number can possibly be traced to the actual person who issued the original book and could be on record with SCCA. Inside the log book should be the person that issued the book and their license number.

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by scorp997 View Post
    Thanks, I will use the number from the book, although it is a ‘recent’ (20 years ago) book and not original to the import of this car. The book was issued in region 33..
    John,

If you PM me the roll bar number beginning with 33, I'll look it up this weekend. I'm working Tech at a SFR Thunderhill regional.

Steve

Thread Information