Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Default Jerry Bernheimer

Jerry passed away this morning from complications of dementia. He was known on this site as Jerry B, and was a long time VARA tech guy who also owned several nice cars and raced them a bit.

Godspeed Jerry.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 25

Default Jerry Bernheimer

I never met Jerry but talked to him several times on the phone about Bobsy and Hewland stuff. Very nice guy and knowledgeable. His Bobsy SR3 is owned now by a racer in California who has been quite successful with it. (Troy Tinsley).

RIP Jerrry

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 490

Default Jerry Bernheimer

Jerry was one of the good guys in racing. He will be missed.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 16

Default Jerry

I knew Jerry and worked with him at VARA black flag and tech for several years. He could talk your ear off, but I soon realized that he knew what he was talking about. One time early on, he spent an entire morning with me when my Bugeye was not running well, and diagnosed the problem, simply out of kindness. We observed some subtle changes in him which heralded the onset of his dementia, but didn't realize what was really going on for a while. Ultimately the diagnosis became clear, though effective treatment was elusive and it ultimately took his life.

I would like everybody to know how Dr. Val Ascencio used his skill and training to assist Jerry and his family, in addition to keeping us abreast of developments. A true friend to Jerry and to us all. Val delivered a brief but poignant eulogy at Buttonwillow which summed up Jerry very well. Missing him. Bill Pierce

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information