Liked: 15

Default Brian Redmond Classic at Road America

Any experience running this event in FF? Cant seem to learn what classes of vintage FF they allow and if decent fields show up.
    Also does the group have vastly faster cars mixed with FFs?

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 490

Default Bric

Dupe
    Last edited by Roland V. Johnson; 03.30.23 at 10:37 AM. Reason: DUPE
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Default Bric

Great Event, track and organizers!!! The fields are good sized. We have made the trip from San Diego to run this event for many years. We hope to be back this year. You do have to deal with the Formula B cars, but that is common for us in most of the high profile events we go to. The plus side is, the track is 4+ miles long and has long straights so the classes tend to be easier to deal with. With totally new pavement I expect lap records to fall. They normally have run Club Fords and Vintage Fords. Last year I won Club Ford in my Crossle 32 both days in photo finishes,(Thanks Jay Ivey) and my customer Dan Cowdrey won Vintage Ford in his Titan Mk-6 in front of me. He is 21 years younger and also faster I have to admit.
    Last edited by Roland V. Johnson; 03.30.23 at 10:36 AM.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 15

Thanks, Roland. So no swifts?

Default Swifts

I would call the track and start working on that. At 40ish years old, they are certainly old enough, and I believe they have let in Lola 640s. We just need to make sure that it remains a Modern Formula Ford class in order not to drive away other competitors. Three classes seems to work out well for most Vintage groups.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

Quote Originally Posted by tomdalrymple View Post
    Any experience running this event in FF? Cant seem to learn what classes of vintage FF they allow and if decent fields show up.
    Also does the group have vastly faster cars mixed with FFs?
    Brian REDMAN

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information