Liked: 322

Default Shout out to Penske Racing Shocks

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Steve Horn at Penske Racing Shocks.. it is so nice when you deal with a big company and get the personal service he provided. Prior to this transaction, I had no idea you could go direct to the company for parts and questions.

Steve went WAY out of his way to answer all of my novice questions and made sure the parts I needed were sourced and shipped. Thanks Steve!
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 121

I agree completely. Steve was extremely helpful to me several years ago. It's a humbling experience to be the little guy and get that level of service.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3279

Default I've been remiss in not giving kudos to Steve Horn earlier

Steve Horn at Penske has been doing my shocks since 2017, and he has done a tremendous job on my "Penske 2000" shocks that have been out of production since before 2005, IIRC. He has been able to get the characteristics I've been asking for in consultation with him, and that was not easy, since these dampers are rather unique. They have no canister since the damper pressure is at the chassis-attachment end of the body. This required setting up the "head valve" to get proper curves.

Not only has he successfully set up and reconditioned these dampers to my satisfaction, but he has done it quickly at, IMO, a very reasonable cost.

Steve never says "it can't be done." He finds a way to do stuff even though new parts are NLA.
    Dave Weitzenhof

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 120

Default Quality in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Steve Horn at Penske has been doing my shocks since 2017, and he has done a tremendous job on my "Penske 2000" shocks that have been out of production since before 2005, IIRC. He has been able to get the characteristics I've been asking for in consultation with him, and that was not easy, since these dampers are rather unique. They have no canister since the damper pressure is at the chassis-attachment end of the body. This required setting up the "head valve" to get proper curves.

Not only has he successfully set up and reconditioned these dampers to my satisfaction, but he has done it quickly at, IMO, a very reasonable cost.

Steve never says "it can't be done." He finds a way to do stuff even though new parts are NLA.
    Proof that you get what you pay for . Quality and options to improve. Simple logic really.

Thread Information