Liked: 0

Default Looking for FSV wheels 13x6 13x8

Ttile says it all, looking for a set of FSV wheels for a Royale RP14 also, still looking for components tomc9nvert rear brakes to disc as well. Any leads appreciated down in South Texas with very few resources around here for parts.

Liked: 41

I have a friend here in Houston that has new Revolutions for sale, I send him a link to the forum.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I know that there is a Royale Registry somewhere.

Possibly someone on that could help???

Quote Originally Posted by chmiller1977 View Post
    Ttile says it all, looking for a set of FSV wheels for a Royale RP14 also, still looking for components tomc9nvert rear brakes to disc as well. Any leads appreciated down in South Texas with very few resources around here for parts.
    I have brand new, never mounted Revolution wheels.
    13X6 and 13X8
    I'm in Houston.
    Call /text. 832-781-7701 David

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I have a Royale RP 14. I have a bunch of 3 piece rims I could probably let go of, but you'll have to source the spun halves as they are the wrong offset and width for the car.

FSV rims use the larger VW bolt pattern. Its wider than the usual FF/FC pattern, the usual wheels won't work on these cars.

If my memory serves me correctly, there's a 4-bolt bearing retainer flange on the inside of the upright. That's a stock VW part. inside bearing is retained by a large circlip that's also a VW part. The disc brake setups for these cars used a cast aluminum copy of the stock part with an extension that had the brake ears on it. Somewhere I have one of those that was damaged but could be used as a model to make another.

The brakes themselves I believe are 914 discs that have had the centers machined out and the inside webbing cut away as well. The rear hubs have had the discs cut off and the surface machined down to accept the rotors. Rear calipers are VW type III, same as the fronts.

In the pics here, the car originally came with these fugly fabricated uprights. Those were the ones with the bearing retainer/brackets. I bought some NOS uprights from Alan Cornock (Fulmar Competition Services) in the UK. I believe these had brake ears cast onto them. They might be the same as RP-16 FF uprights with possibly different machining in the bearing areas. I know mine did not have the groove for the circlip and I had a rear bearing push partially out in my first event with the car. RP-19s are probably the same, as are RP-9s and possibly RP-3s. The rear on a RP-9 is the same as a RP-14, the front has much narrower a-arms.

You should give Alan a shout and see what he has.

I have quite a few drawings for the 9 and 14.

]I have a friend here in Houston that has new Revolutions for sale, I send him a link to the forum.

Awesome ! Thanks for that !

Clay Miller

Thread Information