Thread: Merlyn MK11A

Liked: 2

Default Merlyn MK11A

Looking for a Merlyn 1969 MK11A frame. This is what I found when the lower body was removed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default That can be repaired...

Just a simple tube replacement (and a new belly pan and might as well do a frame up while your at it.)

Steve

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 309

Nearly 20 years ago I asked Steve Lathrop how to repair dents in the lower frame rails of my 1974 Zink Z-10 chassis. He chuckled gently and told me, "Stan, you have to realize FF chassis were evolving so quickly back then we only expected chassis to last one season with a front runner and a second season with a mid-pack guy so they were built as light as practical. We never expected to be racing them 20 or 30 years later."

Then he shared with me how to repair and improve the chassis.

With apologies to Steve if I got any of this wrong.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Yea that can be repaired no problem. Pity you are in CA. I could do it but am in TN plenty of repairers out there.
    Graham

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information