Liked: 3

So the season is over-This what we did this year
    New race group Formula Pro-Avanti

8 races-5 different winners (everyone had at least one podium)

FORMAT: F1 style single car qualify
    Points Awarded 1st-4, 2nd-2, 3rd-1

40 mile(30-35 min) race Inverted start based on season points to date points (Highest starts last)

Racing was TIGHT and a BLAST! I have raced fords since the late 70's and the battles were as much fun as the "Old Days"

We race to simple "club ford" rules on American Racer Slicks (I used 5 tires for the Season)

By The way
    I noticed a discussion about tires on another thread. My brother was on Hoosier 40's in another group, we shared the car-same day.
    Our lap times are Always within 2-3 tenths
    We chase each others times all day- it's part of the fun. We race in rcca-have since 1993.

Liked: 0

Nice to see your post, and you are right. The new Pro-Avanti class turned out to produce the best racing I've been in in over 16 years.
    I was very skepical about this new class at first, highest points start last, but I think because of the quality of ALL the drivers in the class it was a safe and VERY exciting year.
    I'm amazed at all the people who said they just stopped everything to watch the class run. It reminds me of the old days when we would stop and watch Agnifilo and Fochi battle it out in the Formula Atlantic class.

Liked: 4

The racing in all 3 FRCCA classes was strong, TYRO, Sprortsman, Pro-Avanti.

I was watching the Tyro races more closly then the Pro-Avanit, as that is where my competition is going to come from next year. There are several rookies in the field that will be competeing for podiumn finishs from the season opener next year.

See you at the awards banquet.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Thread Information