Thread: VIR Spring HST

Liked: 388

Default VIR Spring HST

The schedule is out for the VIR spring race. FC is group 4, with FA and FX only. FE2 is with P1 and P2.

This is a great opportunity to show support for this grouping. All FC drivers should try to make this event!

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 116

Interesting.....
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

Liked: 140

I find the grouping interesting. I think FC and FE2 definitely need to be apart....but I also think there are going to be more P1 and P2 cars than FA and FX....so, assuming that FE2 "should" also have more participants than FC, why not put FE2 with the smaller group of "other" cars so that there is some parity in total group sizes? All of this is without looking at data, just going off of memory recollection from last year's HST and Runoffs.

Liked: 976

Default FC run group at VIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Sport Engineering View Post
    The schedule is out for the VIR spring race. FC is group 4, with FA and FX only. FE2 is with P1 and P2.

This is a great opportunity to show support for this grouping. All FC drivers should try to make this event!
    The SCCA Staff has worked diligently to get the extra run group and help out the cause. As Michael suggests, we need to support FC in a big way.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 375

Question, will the success or failure of this new grouping be based on this event alone?

This is a huge step in the right direction, especially after how the winter majors transpired. But given the weekend this falls on I'm curious how subscribed it will be. Even the real pros don't race over Easter, I don't know how many of us regular Joes will be able to show up without inciting a civil war at home.

Having said that, I'm beyond excited and will be there for most of the weekend. Thanks to everyone who worked on improving the experience for all.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 976

Quote Originally Posted by CScharnow View Post
    Question, will the success or failure of this new grouping be based on this event alone?

This is a huge step in the right direction, especially after how the winter majors transpired. But given the weekend this falls on I'm curious how subscribed it will be. Even the real pros don't race over Easter, I don't know how many of us regular Joes will be able to show up without inciting a civil war at home.

Having said that, I'm beyond excited and will be there for most of the weekend. Thanks to everyone who worked on improving the experience for all.
    Chris - Nothing is etched into stone, but I hope that this will make a big difference. There are a lot of moving parts to the SCCA and these events; trying to manage and run them is a daunting task. My hat is off to the Sewards, Volunteers, Staff, BoD, and especially Eric and Deanna. In the end the success or failure of a class is on the shoulders of the participants. FC has shown itself to be a relevant class which offers great performance and competition at a great value. We need to build on the numbers and excitement we had at Indy.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 105

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    Chris - Nothing is etched into stone, but I hope that this will make a big difference. There are a lot of moving parts to the SCCA and these events; trying to manage and run them is a daunting task. My hat is off to the Sewards, Volunteers, Staff, BoD, and especially Eric and Deanna. In the end the success or failure of a class is on the shoulders of the participants. FC has shown itself to be a relevant class which offers great performance and competition at a great value. We need to build on the numbers and excitement we had at Indy.
    This is a great development! It does appear someone at SCCA is listening to us. It should be obvious by now that FC and FE2 cannot play in the same sand box. There is no doubt someone is going to be hurt if the situation is not addressed. The only way to pass a well driven FE2 with an FC is with dive bomb passes. That is why we have so many early lap pile ups. Those mirrors are not just ornaments! I also think we should not have to RACE a car from a different/ faster class to be able to catch up with cars in your own class.

So we got what we wanted, the economy is stubbornly hanging on, diesel prices are finally dropping, I think we all got a year older this year! So let’s get those cars out. For those that are still looking at fuel prices I have room in my stacker for your car. No one except James Lee has a longer tow than me. Let’s build on one good solution by looking for others like trailer pooling to get a few more cars out! Come on let’s go!
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Thread Information