Liked: 78

Maybe it's just me, but it sure seems like there are an awful lot of FSCCA cars for sale. Why is this? Anyone want to venture a guess?

Liked: 77

No offense to anyone selling the cars!!

Ignorance and greed are JUST two of the factors that I see.

The car is great and the trans is working well. The SCCA has backed this car and is very supportive of the problems that the package did have.

Some guys bought this car for the $26k with hopes of selling it in the spring for $34-$37k and turning a buck. But then the cars did not get delivered and that hope was gone.

Now, I cannot figure out why the people who own them are not racing them!

Some guys bought the car with hopes of SCCA really making a go at it. And after driving the car and dealing with the BS, figured out that you can race other cars that are faster and cheaper, without the headache.

But I am here to race a SPEC car in large numbers. I will do anything that I can to attain that goal and will be holding on to my cars until that day comes. Even if I have to buy 10 of them and let my friends drive them for the cost of tires.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Even if I have to buy 10 of them and let my friends drive them for the cost of tires.
    Hi Friend, I would like to be added to your list of ten drivers to help fill the FSCCA fields. I am willing to buy all my tires for as long as you need the help.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 703

Joe,
    I think you've hit on a great idea! Buy ten (or more) cars and rent them out. You could start your own traveling series, with your own rules. Or be the Donnybrooke Motorsports of FSCCA cars. Do you know anyone with a big truck and trailer to haul them around?
    Just remember, friends drive for the cost of tires...
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 9

Mike,

I've got a set of tires for your car!!!
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 0

Our car is one that is for sale.I have stated before that I have no need for this car.It was bought to run in the Pro Series for a customer.The Pro series did not work out and my customer went to the Busch West series and I have no need for the car.I build the cars I personally race so I have no need.I don't think greed or ignorance had anything to do with our decision to buy or sell.By the way I am still waiting for delivery of the car I ordered for another customer.My customer is happy to wait and so am I.The car will ultimately be a great class and will have many competitors and the SCCA will stand behind it as everyone would expect.Patience is a virtue but I am going to have to build a second story to my shop if someone does not buy this car.

Liked: 0

Our car is one that is also for sale. We bought the car for the pro series as well, and were always planning on moving up after one or possibly two years. As with the previous post, the pro series did not work out as planned so we decided to move on. I believe that it is a great car and will appreciate in value with time, unfortunately we can't afford to hang on to this car and run another pro series at the same time. Frankly, after seeing the car through its teething pains, sparing no expense to get it right, and now having a fresh engine and gearbox in a car that has consistantly run some of the fastest times every place it has been, I would rather keep it.

[size="1"][ August 10, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Meredith Motorsports ][/size]

Thread Information