Liked: 3

Default One more banshee question

Hello all, once again I have a question about the old BTF1600 Banshee cars. Its a long shot but does anyone know what camshaft was in these engines? Or who built the engines to begin with? I had mine apart but neglected to take note of the cam. I want to bump compression but I want to know what the cam specs are first. I really do not want to separate this block to ID a cam.

The FRCCA rule book states (h) Camshaft(i) May only have the FH designation, this is the only one allowed.

I'm assuming that FH stand for Formula Haus? I really don't know.

Thank You

Liked: 182

It’s been a long time but I recall a fairly mild grind Web cam. AJ probably built the engines.
    put some clay on the piston top, rotate and measure the thickness. I doubt you will have any trouble fly cutting the heads.

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by jrh3 View Post
    It’s been a long time but I recall a fairly mild grind Web cam. AJ probably built the engines.
    put some clay on the piston top, rotate and measure the thickness. I doubt you will have any trouble fly cutting the heads.
    Thank You, I will check out the clearance with the clay. I was hoping it was a little more of an aggressive cam with more overlap so I could run maybe 11:1 with race gas. I think I'm just going to run the season and worry about it next year.

Thread Information