Liked: 201

For Sale Van Diemen RF-98K For Sale

**Sold**

I am selling my beloved FF. Without a doubt one of the most developed cars of this model by Van Diemen.
    Custom modified tail, cockpit shift bubble delete, updated shock cover and composite nose.
    Full wide track suspension, front and rear
    3 way Penske shocks built and valved by Eric Langbein
    AIM data and display
    One of the best Kent engines ever built by Quicksilver. Feel free to call Erik.
    Cockpit adjustable front sway bar
    Narrowed side pods

Originally a Key Motorsport car that I used to win the 2001 Canadian FF Pro series
    The car went into private hands and then in late 2014 I bought it back
    This car was battling for the lead at the Indy FRP Pro race in 2017 until being taken out by a Mygale
    Ran as high as second at the 2016 Runoffs
    This car against kids in Mygales has won Majors and Super Tour events.
    Qualified second at Sebring Super Tour against a very competitive field
    1.31's at Road Atlanta
    2.01's at VIR

Comes with three full sets of wheels, one set has Hoosier spec rain tires (used)
    Spare shock cover (2) and nose (2)
    Full set of spare front A arms also wide track (upper and lower)
    2 spare used radiators

This car can still be competitive at any race
    What this car needs...new belts, possibly a new battery, the engine does have a bit of time on it and has not been in use but was running just fine when last raced

Likely would also make an excellent vintage car although I never ran in vintage so I don't fully know the rules package.
    People ask about the tight cockpit of this model car. I was 6' and 220 lbs and was able to fit and race competitively. A large part of it will be how you carry your weight and your leg/torso proportions.

$24,500

Prefer a call or text to 803 360 2926 or email me at andy.screalestate@gmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andyllc; 03.02.23 at 12:23 PM.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
    I am selling my beloved FF. Without a doubt one of the most developed cars of this model by Van Diemen.
    Custom modified tail, cockpit shift bubble delete, updated shock cover and composite nose.
    Full wide track suspension, front and rear
    3 way Penske shocks built and valved by Eric Langbein
    AIM data and display
    One of the best Kent engines ever built by Quicksilver. Feel free to call Erik.
    Cockpit adjustable front sway bar
    Narrowed side pods

Originally a Key Motorsport car that I used to win the 2001 Canadian FF Pro series
    The car went into private hands and then in late 2014 I bought it back
    This car was battling for the lead at the Indy FRP Pro race in 2017 until being taken out by a Mygale
    Ran as high as second at the 2016 Runoffs
    This car against kids in Mygales has won Majors and Super Tour events.
    Qualified second at Sebring Super Tour against a very competitive field
    1.31's at Road Atlanta
    2.01's at VIR

Comes with three full sets of wheels, one set has Hoosier spec rain tires (used)
    Spare shock cover (2) and nose (2)
    Full set of spare front A arms also wide track (upper and lower)
    2 spare used radiators

This car can still be competitive at any race
    What this car needs...new belts, possibly a new battery, the engine does have a bit of time on it and has not been in use but was running just fine when last raced

Likely would also make an excellent vintage car although I never ran in vintage so I don't fully know the rules package.
    People ask about the tight cockpit of this model car. I was 6' and 220 lbs and was able to fit and race competitively. A large part of it will be how you carry your weight and your leg/torso proportions.

$24,500

Prefer a call or text to 803 360 2926 or email me at andy.screalestate@gmail.com

You can call me prejudiced but I’ve seen the data and dyno sheets. I’ve worked on every part of this car. I don’t think you’ll find a faster Kent FF anywhere. This car can run with the best of the pro cars. I am sad seeing this special car leave the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 303

So what's next for the Brumbaugh's? Are you getting a different car or taking a break from racing?

Liked: 123

Default 98

I had a 98 VD. Fastest car I ever had. Due to the narrow body, drafting swifts was easy. I’m 6 feet tall, and after a little trial and error, found a comfortable seating position that worked very well! Miss that car!!!

Liked: 229

This must have been a tough ad to write Andy. For about a third of the cost of the latest and greatest someone will get a car capable of running at the front. Hopefully you will be back at some point, having seen this car in action, I would have a serious think on it if I were in that position.

Brian

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Lee View Post
    So what's next for the Brumbaugh's? Are you getting a different car or taking a break from racing?
    Dad (Kevin) still has a nice VD RF02 FF and Crossle35F CF so we're not totally out of cars.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

9. The following 4 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Odd coincidence that I saw your rig.

I happened to be at Button Willow yesterday and being a snapped this pic of a nice rig. Sorry it’s pointed wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hybels

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 229

After 11 year I decided to downsize and sold my trailer reluctantly. Miss it every time I go racing LOL. Running out of a 40ft gooseneck featherlite, does the job but boy sometimes I wish I never sold it. The expenses of running a big rig at the F1600 level is getting tougher and I did not want to run more than 2 cars anymore. That is Californian Jake Craig on the trailer, I guess they have not removed the graphics........... sorry for the derail Andy!

Brian

13. The following members LIKED this post:

No worries on the high jack.
    Yes, Brian, incredibly tough to sell but you just have to do certain things some times.
    Hopefully, I can get back in something in the next year or two but for now, hoping this finds a good home!

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

this would be a winning pcf car in SVRA group 2. soften it up a little, slap on some hoosiers treads, and pick up some gold. nothing else needed. DiGi won plenty in one

Liked: 123

Default 98

Someone needs to jump on this before I do!!!???? Trevor Russell just cleaned house at COTA with my old car, against Mygal Hondas!! This narrow chassis can draft anything!!

Here is a video of a race against kids and Mygales for reference:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkvFGYBlXg

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 212

Impressive Andy!!
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 303

Andy's car is a good deal!
    Last edited by Jonathan Lee; 09.05.23 at 4:23 PM.

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Lee View Post
    I was not at COTA so I am not sure what happened, but from the results it looks like those 2 Mygales didn't even start the race that Trevor won. It does look like that Trevor was able to follow for a bit and run times that were .5 - 1 second slower than those Mygales.
    I think that at best, this is where the majority of "good cars" lie, able to keep up with a draft or fade shortly after. Right now the teams running the Mygales have a very good operation, I really don't see any "good driver" being able to compete without equal or close infrastructure behind them.

Back to Andy's car:

The video clearly shows that he was able run with the lead pack and the car seems to handle pretty decently.
    I've personally been told that Andy's engine is the fastest to come out of the QS shop.
    For the price this car is a steal.
    I was there... watching very closely. Trevor's 98 was all over both Jace and Myles' cars. His Kent pulled just as strong as their Honda's on the straights, and had we done the gear change on Friday to get him low end he needed in turns 11, 22 and 1, he likely would have won on Saturday. Instead, he finished 2nd after Jace got loose on the last lap and spun, only to be relegated to last after weighing out 2 lbs under weight.

Sunday, after a gear change, he went straight to the front on the start and mysteriously, Myles pulled off after a couple of laps.

Watching from the bridge over the S's, Trevor's 98VD was absolutely the equal of the K-Hill Mygale's, and as easily as he pulled even to them on the main straight, no one should discount the power the Ivey Kent is making, nor the aero of the 98 chassis.

The video is available on YouTube if you're inclined to watch it.

Andy's car is surely the equal of Trevor's, and whoever winds up with it will have a car that is capable of running at the front of any Club event, as well as the pro series.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Atlanta HST, and then the FRP events.

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 20

One more thing to add... we picked up Andy's sister/spare engine to the one in this car and it will debut in a new car at the FRP Atlanta race. Bluebirds say this put out some stunning numbers on the QS dyno last week.

Should be some great racing in Atlanta!

26. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Indy drive

That was one great drive! When you are as fast as Rick Payne in a straight line you have a good car. To pass him twice is incredible.
    The white car that punted you have been DQ’d. Clearly was a little late in his blatant and egregious block.
    Hybels

28. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hybels View Post
    That was one great drive! When you are as fast as Rick Payne in a straight line you have a good car. To pass him twice is incredible.
    The white car that punted you have been DQ’d. Clearly was a little late in his blatant and egregious block.
    Thank you. No penalty for the other car but such is life. It did however likely cost him the championship at the end of the year. He had to take that DNF and couldn't use it as a drop as he had other DNF's as well.

30. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information