Liked: 27

Default Ralt RT4 Engine Mount reproduction E.O.I

With all the chatter of RT4 owners requiring the the RH front engine mount casting that bolts to the BDA Ford / 711M / 831C engine block I am seeking actual firm E.O.I numbers to make it affordable to reproduce the mount. The other mounts are sheet metal alclad which any shop with a folder can reproduce, I wont be doing them but can supply photos if required.

This job will require 3D scanning / Modelling , subsequent file to run the CNC equipment & Trial production test fit samples Which comes at quite the price, at least it does in the land of Oz.

I am on to my 3rd CNC shop which is actually showing interest in lower volumes.

The sample is a Genuine Cast alloy Ralt item.

I am doing this as a service to the Ralt RT4 community not a money making exercise, Moderators please delete if considered commercial.

Confirmed E.O.I numbers: 0
    Last edited by Raleigh; 02.03.23 at 5:35 AM.

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

When you have the 3D file ready, you can get a quote from this place https://www.protolabs.com/
    I use them for high quality 3D printing as well as aluminum CNC work. Prices for one-off stuff isn't that bad and I've never had a quality issue.
    I'll update this post in the next day or so with at least one vendor in China that does the same type of work for a lot less money.

Steve

Default Ralt E.O.I

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    When you have the 3D file ready, you can get a quote from this place https://www.protolabs.com/
    I use them for high quality 3D printing as well as aluminum CNC work. Prices for one-off stuff isn't that bad and I've never had a quality issue.
    I'll update this post in the next day or so with at least one vendor in China that does the same type of work for a lot less money.

Steve
    Thanks for the interest Steve, Are you in? I have a Local shop to do the 3D scan and CNC work. I am throwing this out to the community to see if there is enough interest to cover the R&D costs. If not, no harm and the mount goes back on the RT4 Chassis.

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    Thanks for the interest Steve, Are you in? I have a Local shop to do the 3D scan and CNC work. I am throwing this out to the community to see if there is enough interest to cover the R&D costs. If not, no harm and the mount goes back on the RT4 Chassis.
    Unfortunately, I'm not interested. I'm just a geek that runs a product design house that does (among other things) reverse engineering and small run manufacturing.
    While I was seriously tempted by the RT4 that was advertised here on Apex last month I decided I was better off to continue with my Swift DB2 that I just finished restoring last year.

Steve

Default USA Production.

Charles Warner has just obtained pricing to have the RT4 engine mounts made in the USA at a much lower price than I could achieve in Oz. This E.O.I is now Closed.

I will be supporting the production run and purchasing from Charles myself. Thread link Below:

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...130#post649130

Thread Information