Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default Aim SmartyCam 3 Sport?

Does anyone have experience with the SmartyCam 3 Sport?
    I thought I found a new 2.2 bullet cam but turned out not.
    I want to connect the 3 to my Evo4s and use it the same way I could have used the 2.2.
    Should I get the 3 Sport or wait until March and get a 3 GP (same form factor as the 2.2 bullet) for $900 more?
    I'm mounting it in my Swift DB2 S2000 so the brick aero of the 3 Sport is not much of an issue because I have many mounting options.

Steve

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

The SC3 Sport is a great camera. If you need a camera NOW, it's the only one available. The SC3 GP is supposed to be coming, but I would go with what is available if timing is an issue.

The Sport has the mSD card no USB for configuring/updating, no option for an external mic, and the front screen. The only real issue for most people is the mSD card instead of the SD card. If that doesn't matter to you, go for the Sport.

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    The SC3 Sport is a great camera. If you need a camera NOW, it's the only one available. The SC3 GP is supposed to be coming, but I would go with what is available if timing is an issue.

The Sport has the mSD card no USB for configuring/updating, no option for an external mic, and the front screen. The only real issue for most people is the mSD card instead of the SD card. If that doesn't matter to you, go for the Sport.
    Thanks Matt,

Timing isn't as much an issue as cost. I can live with the 3 sport limitations, uSD cards, no mic and the screen are don't cares to me.
    Without a USB port, how is configuration and more importantly updates handled? It's not like Aim firmware doesn't get updated.

Steve

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    Thanks Matt,

Timing isn't as much an issue as cost. I can live with the 3 sport limitations, uSD cards, no mic and the screen are don't cares to me.
    Without a USB port, how is configuration and more importantly updates handled? It's not like Aim firmware doesn't get updated.

Steve
    Once a card has been in the camera with the camera on, the RS3 will see it as a device. You put the new configuration and FW on the card and then put the card back in the camera. Through a few button pushes, you are able to update the configuration and FW on the camera. It's not hard.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information