Liked: 140

Default Mbenzgram is a scam

I could go into great detail, but the bottom line is that I should have done my research before doing business with them. The reviews speak for themselves.

I "thought" I was getting a cyber Christmas sale when I ordered a helmet from them right after Thanksgiving. Over a month later, I had exchanged 15 emails and many unanswered phone calls. They listed the helmet on their site. Then told me it was a "special order" only after I inquired as to why I didn't have it a week later. A week later (again, through me contacting them, not the other way around) I found out it was backordered. Then they told me it shipped only to give me a non-functioning tracking number. 2 weeks and the helmet didn't arrive and they stopped responding to my emails. A fraud dispute with my credit card was resolved in less than 24 hours, which leads me to believe they didn't have to do much research to realize I was duped.

This appears to have happened to many people - some going many months of non-stop excuses and lack of refunds. Several people had let enough time elapse that they were past the window of being able to dispute it with their credit card companies.

Again, the mistake was on me. If I had taken a moment, I would have realized that their website was full of red flags. They apparently are located in California, yet list EST hours (odd). They say they have several warehouses throughout the country, but you can't return anything to the physical warehouses, and they don't list addresses. They state that if you want the fastest service from them, you should email, not call.

Maybe there are some on here that have had successful transactions with them, but I did not. Buyer beware.

James

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Their order page lists nearly 500,000 products. So, very, very best case, they are drop shipping.

You get a lot of this on Fleabay. I make it a point to check the number of unique items that a vendor has for sale. A big number is a certain red flag. Even if this were not a scam, there would be a better price available elsewhere (i.e. net of the drop shipper's add-on).
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information