Liked: 3279

Default Longacre - Outstanding customer support

I have a Longacre 60 psi digital tire gauge I bought from Summit Racing in January 2019. I was having issues with a wandering zero point.

Here's a link to my loooong thread asking what folks preferred and issues with the above gauge (starting with post #35):
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ressure-Gauges

To get quickly to the point, over the last week or so I emailed them a few more times about what has been happening with it and gave them feedback about how I am trying to make it function correctly.

Yesterday, even though it is 3 years out of warranty, Longacre emailed that they're sending me a new 52-53000 DIGITAL TPG 0-60 gauge.

That certainly renews my confidence in Longacre. I will have no qualms about buying from them again.
    Last edited by DaveW; 01.13.23 at 7:50 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 52

The opposite of my experience. I had a Longacre digital pressure gage that would randomly turn off when being used, and they offered zero support other than "Buy a new head". It was about 3 years old; not sure what the warranty period is but it certainly wasn't 4 years past warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWinkelman View Post
    The opposite of my experience. I had a Longacre digital pressure gage that would randomly turn off when being used, and they offered zero support other than "Buy a new head". It was about 3 years old; not sure what the warranty period is but it certainly wasn't 4 years past warranty.
    I think they have awakened to the fact that they have to support customers better than a few years ago to maintain their business. COVID may have played a part in that.

If I were you, I'd contact them again. Maybe they'll respond similarly to the way they just did for me.
    Dave Weitzenhof

I received the replacement gauge today. A note on it says Longacre "triple-checked" it for any issues before sending it. Per my subsequent tests, they did not check for the below 65F zeroing issue I've commented on. That obviously means it is not part of their standard QC procedure.
    Last edited by DaveW; 01.22.23 at 3:46 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 15

Default Longacre

Have to say I experienced the same wandering needle, I too sent it back (it was out of warrantee) but they didn't even email me to say anything. I suspect this is a big problem with their units, perhaps they have only recently discovered they are faulty

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Have to say I experienced the same wandering needle, I too sent it back (it was out of warrantee) but they didn't even email me to say anything. I suspect this is a big problem with their units, perhaps they have only recently discovered they are faulty
    Analog or digital?
    Dial needle or digital display?

The ones I was discussing are all digital.

On my Longacre digital gauges it appears this only happens at lower temperatures, say below 60 or 65F. The new one also has this issue.
    Last edited by DaveW; 01.22.23 at 3:48 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I had an experience with Longacre about 9 years ago. My old scales sort of died. They were so old that the parts were not available.

I talked with a lady in customer service several times, she gave me several tricks to try and also sent me an old board free to potentially scavenge for components.

The wandering zero setpoint is apparently electronics-temperature-stability-related since it only occurs at ambient/gauge temps below 60-65F. See my posts about this in this thread: https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ressure-Gauges
    Last edited by DaveW; 01.18.23 at 2:03 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information