Liked: 11

Default Looking for Swift FA tech info

Sorry for cross posting, but it seems like there isn't too many FA owners in the much on the sim racing thread So if not allowed, please remove.

I'm looking for technical data, manuals, setup sheets for the Swift 014a and Swift 016a. One other person and myself have these cars in development for rFactor 2. I think I've exhausted all the public information out there. It should make the car a bit more realistic in sim. Any information is appreciated. Hopefully if it is good enough, it'll give you guys some off season practice.

Additional details and previews can be found in the original thread.
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...-info-rFactor2

Thank you for your time.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Work has been going very well on the 014.a. I'm hoping to release in a couple of weeks. Thank you again to the users that have provided info! That was extremely helpful! I'm including several skins from the last couple of SCCA Runoffs. If you have an 014, I can get your car painted up and added in. If you have rF2 and would like to beta test, let me know.

The 016a is still in very early stages. I am still looking for technical info. I'm specifically looking for these, but any info would do. If you happen to have anything, please let me know.

1 “Swift 016 Aero Manual,”
    3 “Digital AeroManual - Swift 016.a 2006b.xls”
    4 “Swift 016.a Champ Car Atlantic Suspension Guide”
    5 “Swift SG-4 Gearbox Service Manual”
    6 “Swift 016.a Champ Car Atlantic Parts Manual”,

016.a - Ingame WIP
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by CrivitzChris View Post

1 “Swift 016 Aero Manual,”
    3 “Digital AeroManual - Swift 016.a 2006b.xls”
    4 “Swift 016.a Champ Car Atlantic Suspension Guide”
    5 “Swift SG-4 Gearbox Service Manual”
    6 “Swift 016.a Champ Car Atlantic Parts Manual”,
    I recently sent my copy of all this info to an FA owner up in Chicago. Hopefully he’ll see your request.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    I recently sent my copy of all this info to an FA owner up in Chicago. Hopefully he’ll see your request.
    That would be awesome. I'm not that far (Milwaukee area) and I'm usually found at Road America. Hoping to get to Blackhawk Farms a little more than I did last year.

Hello All!

I ended up moving into a new house this summer so the project didn't get much work done on it. Now that I'm settled in, I was able to make some progress on the Swift 014 mod. I was able to find the 014a suspension guide from the Swift website thanks to The Wayback Machine. I'm feeling very confident on the 014 feeling.

There is one thing I'm trying to get dialed in. What is the horse power number of the Mazda MZR 2.0 used in the 014 conversions? For the Toyota 4A-GE, I see 240 HP from various sites. For the Honda K20Z3, I see 246hp (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/dsrf...p1-t11200.html). The only Mazda numbers I see is 265hp from this press release (https://www.usfpro2000.com/docs/defa...t.pdf?sfvrsn=2). That seems really high, but is that accurate? Are the power output from the other two about right?

Moving to the Swift 016, I'm still lacking info. I heard the manual excessively long. I would think the 016 manual would be very similar set up to the 014. With that, I think I only need a few pages to get the physics into in game testing. Hopefully someone with a manual would be able gather this.

Suspension Guide:
    In the suspension guide, there are 4 pages I am looking for. The baseline setup sheet, steering rack, the front geometry and rear geometry. The rFactor 2 physics spread sheet has a section where the geometry is entered almost directly.

Aero Guide:
    In the aero guide, hopefully the 016 manual is similar to the 014a. In the 014a, there was a small chart that had listed the Absolute AeroMap. That whole chart should give me a good baseline for modeling in the aero. I know there are other charts in there giving downforce and drag numbers at certain wing angles. Maybe I can get those later if I can't get it in the ball park.

Also in the aero guide is a sheet just giving the minimum and maximum angles for the front and rear wing.

Hopefully that wouldn't be too hard to gather. Scans would be ideal, but phone pics with the text legible would work too. That should be enough for me to get the car in game and start running some tests.

Thank you again everyone for your time.
    Last edited by CrivitzChris; 09.10.23 at 3:29 PM.

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Default power info

Hi Chris,
    Don't know if it will help or not, but I have (or at least will attempt to) attached a copy of the dyno sheet for my Toyota 4age the last time Hasselgren freshened it. Should verify the power numbers you have. I am in need of the 014 aero-manual. If you have any info on where I might get a copy of that it would be appreciated. Cheers.

SCN_0002-compressed.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by glenn brandon View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Don't know if it will help or not, but I have (or at least will attempt to) attached a copy of the dyno sheet for my Toyota 4age the last time Hasselgren freshened it. Should verify the power numbers you have. I am in need of the 014 aero-manual. If you have any info on where I might get a copy of that it would be appreciated. Cheers.

SCN_0002-compressed.pdf
    Thanks Glen! I think the numbers that I have were pretty close to that. I'll shoot you over a PM with what I have gathered.

Thread Information