Liked: 1432

Default Best shipping for a street car (again...)

Sorry for asking, I know this has been asked 100 times before. I searched, and couldn't find it. So, can anyone suggest some shippers they have had good luck with? Looking to ship a street car from San Fran to Milwaukee, WI. Any experience and cost you paid for a reference point is helpful. Thanks!

Liked: 106

www.bringatrailer.com has a shipping feature now too. Car deal doesn't have to go through BAT. Couple of zip codes, some car details, and they'll give you an instant quote.

I've never used them, so can't speak to that side of it, but it's a start.
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 6

for enclosed carriers, in no particular order, Reliable, Intercity and Passport are all highly reputable with their own fleet of trucks.

I've found Passport to consistently be cheaper than Reliable and Intercity and have had multiple good experiences with them.

Regardless of who you go with, make sure you are not going through a broker. In other words, make 100% sure you are dealing with the actual owner of the truck with valid insurance. There are countless companies that act as they have a big fleet of their own trucks when in reality they just broker it out and if something happens to your car in transit it rapidly devolves into finger-pointing and a liability nightmare.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 803

Two experiences with Passport a decade ago were excellent.
    At that time they were the most affordable of the big three.

One experience with a broker through Uship was a disaster.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Transport

I agree with this poster. I just got a street car brought from Seattle to San Francisco and it was a bit of a cluster. I mistakenly put my data in some form online and had a dozen or more guys hassling me. You don’t know if it is some guy with a clapped out two car trailer and a clapped out pickup or what.
    somebody in SFR gave me a number of a lady that is a broker and she hooked me up with a trucker she knew. I know she got $250-300 for her work but it was worth it to me.
    She is in NY. Joanna 609) 553-5029

QUOTE=texevora;648130]for enclosed carriers, in no particular order, Reliable, Intercity and Passport are all highly reputable with their own fleet of trucks.

I've found Passport to consistently be cheaper than Reliable and Intercity and have had multiple good experiences with them.

Regardless of who you go with, make sure you are not going through a broker. In other words, make 100% sure you are dealing with the actual owner of the truck with valid insurance. There are countless companies that act as they have a big fleet of their own trucks when in reality they just broker it out and if something happens to your car in transit it rapidly devolves into finger-pointing and a liability nightmare.[/QUOTE]
    Hybels

Liked: 3787

Maybe you should fly me out there and I'll drive it back. Of course posting pictures and stories the whole way.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Maybe you should fly me out there and I'll drive it back. Of course posting pictures and stories the whole way.
    PF, since you brought it up...

Reid,

What kind of car is it? If it's fun to drive <ice racing on the way to MKE> I might be up for a road trip.

Steve

Thread Information