Liked: 4

Default Tsr-tsv for sale-price reduced!

This well-known VARAC car is one of approximately 7 cars built to run in the Canadian and North American FV Championships. This particular car is believed to be the last of the type actively racing and was apparently built very late in 1969 for the upcoming 1970 Season. TSR (Taylor Stewart Racing) was a partnership between Canadian Champion and later Indy Lites team principal Brian Stewart and ex-Trojan works designer Alan Taylor. The pair undertook building the most advanced formula V they could imagine and based their design on the successful Altona Formula Vee made famous by CanAm Champion Horst Kroll. The car was cutting edge for its time and has many ingenious features and despite some controversy the car eventually ran with some success in IMSA series competition and in national and regional CASC grids into the mid-70’s. This car is believed to be one of the “works” championship cars that ran in the U.S. National run-offs at Daytona in the early 70’s, driven by Mr. Dave Wolin.
    After a crash at Mosport in the mid-seventies the car was put into storage and largely forgotten until it came up for sale in 2000. It was found languishing in a sorry state and fully restored between 2000 and 2007. It’s been actively raced regional club and vintage events since 2008 and has various podiums and even a class championship. It has a low-hours Bill Vallis-rebuilt original engine. The car is period correct with a Z-Bar rear suspension and an unusual drop-link front suspension set-up. The car is completely Monoposto Eligible and would be accepted almost anywhere. Fuel cell, fire extinguisher and other systems are current and needs little to be race-ready. I had the car out in the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix in June 2022 where the car was sill totally reliable and a joy to drive. With a lighter, more competent driver, this car could be seriously quick and competitive. There are some limited spares (extra wheels & street-radial tires, suspension, engine and brake bits, as well as some set-up tools and jigs etc.) all included with the car as well as an open trailer.

It is truly time for me to move this car on to someone else to enjoy and I’m hoping it will go to a caring home. With that in mind, I’m offering it at a substantially reduced price, but will also entertain reasonable offers.

A great opportunity to race in a real, historic vintage formula car that also happens to be cheap to run, super fun and very reliable! Contact me for more details.

Asking $7500 US OBO Contact: douglasswitzer33@gmail.com Cell: (416) 885-7949
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 18

That is a rolling work of art! Good luck with the sale!

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by housejoe View Post
    That is a rolling work of art! Good luck with the sale!
    Thanks Housejoe! It is indeed a remarkably good-looking Formula V and I must say for that past 15 years It's been the most fun I've had with my clothes on! LOL! Since receiving the Bill Vallis engine, it's also been dead-nuts reliable and very simple to keep and maintain. I'm sure that someone with a bit less less weight and more talent than myself could take this to the pointy end of a vintage grid. I'm open to offers!

Liked: 1

Where in Ontario are you located? I am in Michigan, near Detroit and am interested in this FV. Also, at 6’1” and 200lbs would I even fit in it?

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDad View Post
    … at 6’1” and 200lbs would I even fit in it?
    No. It is a smaller Vee than most. I’m a half hour away from it and would buy it in a heartbeat if I fit.

Liked: 64

I don’t know if you happened to see this thread that I started:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...d=1#post648044
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Thread Information