Thread: Pedal Box?

Liked: 2

Default Pedal Box?

I have bought an old DSR with a bike engine for vintage racing. I need to relocate the pedal box. I would really like a 2 pedal, throttle, brake arrangement as the clutch is quite easy to move. The car currently has Wilwood MC's. What pedal arrangement are generally used on P1/P2 cars.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

A picture would help. Are you considering adding a clutch lever to the shifter like a lot of FSAE cars?
    My old DSR had a cable throttle pedal, a bias adjustable dual brake cylinder and a cable clutch pedal. Only used the clutch during starts and while spinning out. Otherwise left foot braking and right foot throttle.
    M

That is the setup I have also, cable clutch start only, dual Wilwood MC brake in need of rebuild, cable throttle. The pedals need to come forward far enough that some structural work will be required. That is why I would prefer the two pedal. Compbrake in UK has a two pedal, but it is set up for AP MC's and I don't know the bolt spacing on them. I have an inquiry into them. I'll just have to work the structural changes, it is an old Ocelot and the original log book says it is 1020 steel tubing rather than 4130.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

An old Ocelot! I always liked them and used to have Dan Olberg as my local machinist. Does it have the Suzuki water buffalo two stroke?
    The best way to get pedals to your liking is to make them yourself (dependent on your welding skills). As far as using mild steel, it always went better with my own welding skills. BTW, I always referred to it in the Brit manner as OCM (office chair material).
    Good luck
    M

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default CNC Brake Pedal and balance bar

I have this floor mount CNC Brake pedal assy for dual master cyls with balance bar that will take all the standard Girling/AP/ Wilwood master cyls with 5/16 threaded pushrods. Looks in great - hardly used shape.
    Might give you a partial solution
    $65.00 + Frt

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Brake pedal.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	249.9 KB 
ID:	105612  

Liked: 270

Welcome Mike!!

Through a lucky confluence of travel, I happened to pass through the area where Mike picked the car up, so got a chance to try it on. Unfortunately, the nose was on so I couldn't advise on the pedal work... guess we should've pulled it to investigate...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

The motor is a Kawasaki 1000 air cooled, if it had a 2 stroke I be banned from the world if they are a loud now as they used to be. Apparently the car started out with a 3 cyl. Saab , then went to the 750 Suzuki s stroke and sometime to the Kawasaki.

They always said these are engineer's cars, I'm having a picnic figuring how how to do this. I enjoy analyzing the combination of technical requirements, cost, weight and my level of fabrication skill. I do have a full page of notes from Vaughan's visit, an excellent primer.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information