Liked: 94

Default 1985 Shrike P15 S2000, Chassis number P15-009

1985 Shrike P15 S2000, Chassis number P15-009
    Maintained by Professional Shop, GMT Racing

$29,000, OBO
    Click here for more info & Pics

Here goes on the history as I see it in the papers that came with the car: (Info Supplied By Car owner)

Richard Owen of Richard Owen Design & Engineering , Towcester, Northants, England designed and built the cars.

This one is Shrike P-15 -009. It was sold to Kip Laughlin of McLean, Virginia and delivered in May of 1985. I have the specification/ order sheet for the car. Listing everything in the package and a total price of 20,967.93 Pounds. It further states the car was delivered with a 150 BHP “Pinto” Motor and twin Weber carburetors. Kip is a well know Formula Ford driver in that period. He never raced the Shrike. Rather, sold it to Paul Feeley of Goffstown, New Hampshire. I have notes of work being done for Feeley and pictures of the livery from that period. Feeley raced the car in the New England Region of SCCA. There are also references to work for Feeley being done by Amalfi Racing of Gilford, NH. Today Amalfi is based in Jupiter, Florida. At that time, Amalfi Racing was owned by Mike Amalfitano who was a very successful racer. In the 90’s and onward ,until he passed away, Mike was very involved in East Coast vintage racing. The car has a nose with the Amalfi Racing team colors as a third spare. I have a time sheet from Feeley running at Lime Rock Park in July 27, 1991, Amalfi is listed as the racing team and he finished second in class. It appears that in the early 90’s Feeley sold the car to Mike Whalley Chassis Auto Body. The Information I have is Rick last raced it in 2000. It sat for a long time, I bought it in 2014

From day one I selected and started working on #009 and with the able help of GMT Racing of Newtown , CT have worked to make it a perfect running race car. Further thru GMT I was able to obtain the skills of Ray Snowdon a very successful Sports 2000 Pro Series racer to tune/set up the car. Now I have achieved my goal. This is an excellent competitive VS2 Sports 2000 racer. Eligible for racing with our Sport 2000 club at Vintage events in the USA. I have used it with SVRA and VRG here on the east coast.

Professionally Restored and Sorted Sports 2000 (VS2) Race Car

Extensive work done by GMT Racing – Newtown CT.

Racing Setup Sorted out by Ray Snowdon

Fresh paint- Suspension Updates- New Wilwood Brakes- New Carbon Fiber Nose

Strong low hours Engine- READY FOR 2023 RACING SEASON

Originally Raced in New England SCCA – Former Amalfi Racing Team Car. The car has a two spare noses, three sets of wheels including slicks and rains, extensive spares and a spare nose pit dolly. Nothing is left to fix or replace. This is a complete professionally done package.

Original Chassis Tag present

Chassis rebuilt by GMT 2017-2018

MWE motor with 6 hours , Dec.2017

Hewland MK9 rebuilt by GMT 2016

Koni Double adjustable shocks Serviced by ANZE Nov, 2016

Suspension rebuilt by GMT 2017/2018

New Wilwood brakes 2017

Good paint with Vinyl graphics

Original SCCA logbook and SVRA vintage logbook

Click here for more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bear01011; 03.21.23 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Price
    VintageRaceCarSales.com

Contact me to learn about our amazing vehicle consignment opportunities.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Price Updated~!

We've lowered the price from $35,000 down to $29,000, offers are accepted!
    VintageRaceCarSales.com

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 126

Awesome looking car. Is it still running the twin Webers, or is it in a legal S2 configuration currently?
    TroyT - SFR SCCA, VARA, CSRG, SVRA
    www.ThingsThatGoVroom.net
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

Quote Originally Posted by troyt View Post
    Awesome looking car. Is it still running the twin Webers, or is it in a legal S2 configuration currently?
    It is powered by a MWE S2 motor with standard S2 carburetor
    VintageRaceCarSales.com

Thread Information