Liked: 20

Default Yellow waxy droplets inside new Aeroquip hose?

I recently purchased some Aeroquip hose (Startlite hose), and found what appear to be waxy yellow colored droplets into the hose. Some are deep inside the hose. I discovered this after assembling hose ends on it unfortunately. Almost looks like some liquid was inadvertently dropped in the hose and then hardened. The droplets I can reach do seem to peel off the rubber hose.

Before I disassemble and return the hose, I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and if so how to remove.

Liked: 3279

Maybe mold release to facilitate manufacturing? Probably will wash out with a solvent if you know what the hose will tolerate. If the hose is for oil, warm oil will also probably dissolve it and cause no issues.
    Dave Weitzenhof

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 597

An oil soaked bore snake from your pistol / rifle passed through more than once ??

Thanks guys. Errant mold release sounds plausible. It's probably harmless, but this hose is post filter so I don't want to take chances. I filled the hose with mineral spirits overnight and most of it seems to have come out. Another soak should take care of it hopefully.

Liked: 319

I did all new aeroquipe hoses for my Lola. after making them I made an adapter to go from 10AN to a hose, hooked the hose to a faucet in the basement laundry sink, and ran full pressure through each hose for several minutes. When done I clipped the hoses vertically to the old closeline and let them drip dry for a week.

It helps family harmony that I went to the trouble a few years back to move the actual laundry room upstairs. The wife has back problems and no longer goes down there so as long as my project is odor free...
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

I also flush all my hoses in the sink or with a garden hose after assembly. Great for removing debris. Wasn't sure about this waxy stuff.

Thread Information