Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Default Chinesium Webers

I was looking for a 38/38 and took a look on Amazon.

Genuine Webers are about $500 but copies are about $150. Reviews are mixed - seems like a lot of people buy them to replace other carbs and they don't fit right - which may have nothing to do with the carb at all. About half the ratings are 5 stars, bolts right up, a few adjustments and away you go.

Anybody have one of these copies and evaluate it against a weber? I'd guess that the factories they are made in and the tooling used to produce them are state of the art.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Well, my suggestion is you call your favorite carb tuner and ask if they'd race prep a copy.

I bought mine from a shop in norcal and sent it off to Ivey. No issues.

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/
    Had the best price at the time.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I totally forgot about Pierce. They never hit any of my searches. Good price compared to Redline, I suppose because Redline puts a lot of other stuff in their kits.

Might be a good place to send my corroded IDFs for a re-conditioning when I get my FSV going again.

Which version did you purchase and how much was the prep?

Liked: 183

thumbs up for Pierce. Always have the parts when I needed them

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Kirchner;

Call Jim Inglese, 203.632.0659.

Arguably, the premiere authority on Webers in the US, perhaps the planet. Been doing business with him for decades. As a matter of fact, last month he completed a pair of 40 DCOEs for me.

World class knowledge.

V/r

Iverson

Thread Information