Liked: 9

Default Brabham BT-38 wheels

Can anyone point me in the right direction??? I am looking t replace the existing wheels on my car but I cannot find a vendor who has replacements. Lee Chapman had them but has no stock in the sizes I need. MB-Racing wheels in the UK made a nice three piece reproduction but they appear to be out of business???

Thanks!!

Liked: 139

Yes, MB shut down right after I sent him final dimensions for a run of 1979 four spoke Dymags. Rumor has it that someone else bought the business. Image wheels in UK have a model LM4 if that's close. Image built us the Dymag replicas.

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by J Leonard View Post
    Yes, MB shut down right after I sent him final dimensions for a run of 1979 four spoke Dymags. Rumor has it that someone else bought the business. Image wheels in UK have a model LM4 if that's close. Image built us the Dymag replicas.
    I received a message from someone associated with them??? Hoping it leads to a contact who has the molds for fabrication.

Liked: 139

He had the Dymag centers in stock and ready for machining, and then.......................................

Liked: 7

I also had been in contact Mike Barnby and sent in sketches for Brabham BT21C wheels. He had the material on hand and I was trying to order a set when the website went down. Just recently talked to James Denty of Peter Denty Racing and he confirmed that Mike has sold the business. James is working with the new owner to try to get me a set of 3-peice wheels. I'll let this forum know if I am successful.

Default New owner for MB Racing wheels

I just ran across an add on the racecarsdirect.com website. It seems a person named Greg Caton has purchased MB-Racing wheels. The add said: call Greg Caton now to discuss your requirements on +44 (0) 1622 858336 or email: greg@g-catracing.co.uk

Default BT-38 wheels

I was able to get wheels from G-CAT Racing in the UK. Received them a few months ago but just got back home for the holidays to try them on. They are 3-piece wheels with Brabham style centers. When I checked to see how the centers fit I found they would only go partially onto the wheel stud threads.

I double checked my wheel stud centers and found them all 4" +/- .002". I also checked the holes in the wheel centers and they are also very close to 4.00". When I tried to put a 3/8" AN bolt into the wheel center holes I found that the thread would go in but not the grip area.

I'm going to get a 3'8" expansion reamer and widen the holes. I'm a little disappointed because the wheels cost $3720. I'll send a report in February when a finish my job assignment.

Thread Information