Liked: 1

Default Lola T540 snorkel and air cleaner

I'm bringing T540 HU-3 back to life. Bought the car disassembled. A quick inventory revealed the bodywork snorkel and air cleaner are missing.

Does anyone have an extra snorkel they will part with? Or a recommendation on where to source a new one?

And how about a recommendation on an air cleaner that will work with the bodywork and snorkel?

Thanks.

r33rob

Liked: 95

As I understand it, Neil Porter out in California can make you a Lola air snorkel. I also understand that he makes a blistered version that better accommodates an air filter. From my experience with my Lolas, I’ve always had to cut some of the snorkel away to make clearance for the filter. The hole in the bodywork doesn’t always sit directly over the carb. Pipercross makes a couple different air filters that are relatively compact. The tapered model might work well.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Go to Vintage Formula Fords group on FB
    Lots of Lola guys there!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/241370999352427

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information