Liked: 13

Default 2023 Super Tour Sebring schedule

Not sure if this is for all Super Tour events, but:
    3 day weekend, 4 times on track instead of 5. Practice session eliminated and there is one additional run group, now 8 instead of 7. Looks like they split STU/STL from T2,T3,T4
    You can find it at Motorsportreg.com Sebring Super Tour race for january 2023

Liked: 227

Let's hope 8 groups doesn't become the Super Tour norm. Even less value for the $$$$ spent.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4349

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Let's hope 8 groups doesn't become the Super Tour norm. Even less value for the $$$$ spent.
    Fortunately, they have kept FC and FE out of the small bore OW group. Makes the big bore OW group more problematic, but sure makes the small bore group a bunch safer!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 66

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    It doesn't look like it. CotA is up on motorsportsreg and you can see it's still a 7-group 2-day event (with a test day Friday).

I wouldn't be surprised if part of this is to be cautious and have a bit more room for error given the fact that Sebring will be the first Super Tour with the new live broadcasting system they're doing next year.

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Fortunately, they have kept FC and FE out of the small bore OW group. Makes the big bore OW group more problematic, but sure makes the small bore group a bunch safer!
    FC is grouped with FF, FV, F6

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Isn't the schedule up to the Region putting on the event? Does SCCA National have any say?

Brian

Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    FC is grouped with FF, FV, F6
    Don't know what you're looking at Chuck. THIS is from the downloaded supps for Sebring THIS YEAR...
    RACE GROUPS:
    Group 1: SRF3
    Group 4: EP, FP, HP, GTL, B-SPEC
    Group 7: STL, STU
    Group 2: FV, FF, F600
    Group 5: GT1, GT2, GT3, GTX, T1, AS
    Group 8: T2, T3, T4
    Group 3: SM
    Group 6 FA, FC, FE2, FX, P1, P2

You might be looking at the schedule from LAST year .. or the year before.
    I also find it interesting that the PRICE for the event is NOT IN THE SUPPS.. The only place to find it (that I found) is by starting the registration process.... it's $730
    IIRC (I decided to NOT GO last year because of 15 FC in the small formula group.. then 10 of them decided to not show up either)....last year IIRC the 'entry fee' was ONLY $650.. but they then added some 'not optional FEES' to make up for it. Worker fee, luncheon fee, processing fee .. or whatever. Probably ended up about the same as this year's entry fee.

My tow vehicle is out of commission at the moment and I have nothing else to tow with, so I'm holding off registration until I can at least get the PARTS I need to fix the motorhome (they're pretty hard to come by some times.... ).

Steve, FV80
    PS.. just was looking at supps again and realized that the price IS there .. way at the end after the schedule.. my bad....
    Last edited by Steve Davis; 11.19.22 at 5:07 PM. Reason: added PS
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    Isn't the schedule up to the Region putting on the event? Does SCCA National have any say?

Brian
    Yes.. the class groupings ARE up to the region putting on the event.. but the GCR does RECOMMEND that the small formula group NOT be grouped with formula 'WINGS and THINGS'. It also RECOMMENDS that SRF and small bore formula NOT be grouped together .. mostly because there are just too many SRFs.

Historically, small bore and WINGS have NOT mixed well.. and the mix with SRF only works decently if there are very few of at least ONE of those classes.
    Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Don't know what you're looking at Chuck. THIS is from the downloaded supps for Sebring THIS YEAR...
    RACE GROUPS:
    Group 1: SRF3
    Group 4: EP, FP, HP, GTL, B-SPEC
    Group 7: STL, STU
    Group 2: FV, FF, F600
    Group 5: GT1, GT2, GT3, GTX, T1, AS
    Group 8: T2, T3, T4
    Group 3: SM
    Group 6 FA, FC, FE2, FX, P1, P2

You might be looking at the schedule from LAST year .. or the year before.
    I also find it interesting that the PRICE for the event is NOT IN THE SUPPS.. The only place to find it (that I found) is by starting the registration process.... it's $730
    IIRC (I decided to NOT GO last year because of 15 FC in the small formula group.. then 10 of them decided to not show up either)....last year IIRC the 'entry fee' was ONLY $650.. but they then added some 'not optional FEES' to make up for it. Worker fee, luncheon fee, processing fee .. or whatever. Probably ended up about the same as this year's entry fee.

My tow vehicle is out of commission at the moment and I have nothing else to tow with, so I'm holding off registration until I can at least get the PARTS I need to fix the motorhome (they're pretty hard to come by some times.... ).

Steve, FV80
    PS.. just was looking at supps again and realized that the price IS there .. way at the end after the schedule.. my bad....
    I was looking at Entries as listed in Motorsport.REG, not the supps.

Thread Information