Liked: 322

Default Lee Follansbee RIP

I read on Facebook that Lee Follansbee passed this last weekend.

i did not know him personally, but many of you probably do.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

A nice guy that must have owned dozens of cars. His latest purchase was the Montgomery Ward Auto Club March FSV. Several years ago I loaned someone from the east coast my signed copy of a rare FSV book, and it was never returned. Lee called me to ask a few questions and I mentioned that the book was a good historical resource, but mine was never returned. Turns out he had two, and sent me one.

On the VARA FB page there's a post showing many of his cars - Spridgets, a Supra, a Viking (I wonder if that's the one Art Smith has now) a 97 VD, a couple more FFs, I know there was a March FA in there as well.

RIP Lee.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 22

Quote Originally Posted by scorp997 View Post
    I read on Facebook that Lee Follansbee passed this last weekend.

i did not know him personally, but many of you probably do.
    I never met Lee, but he turned over to me his collection of Howards Ignition modules from early 1980s Cosworth Formula Atlantics. Howards ignitions were the more reliable choice than Lucas Opus. Howards were removed when the 'coil over each spark plug' systems became the 'next new thing'.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

I bought a car from Lee, it was what he said and more.
    One of the nicest here on Apex.
    RIP Lee

Rob Bork

Liked: 246

Default Rip

Lee was areal fixture here in SoCal. Alway wheeling, dealing, and trading cars and parts. A source of great knowledge as well as hard to find pieces. A great guy who will be truly missed. RIP Lee.

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information