Liked: 8

Default Royale RP 31 Cub Ford for sale

Reluctantly placing my 1982 RP 31 up for sale. At age 74, feel like I'lm "aging out" of the class. It is a very presentable car, not concourse but thoroughly recommissioned 5 years ago by a fastidious FF fanatic, after several years of lying fallow. At that time it received all new stainless flexible brake lines, wiring, rod ends, suspension bushings, wheel bearings painted frame and bodywork. Since then, I have raced it 5-6 events per season in the Crossflow Cup out here in NorCal. took multiple 2nds and 3rd in CF. I lack the skill to be a front runner but the cars builder drove this car away from the entire field at Thunder Hill 3 years ago. In the last 3 years I have disassembled the suspension and had the 4 uprights x rayed, Konis rebuilt at Perfomance Shock at Sears Point, new Rhino case for the Hewland with new input shaft and reverse fork. New annular TO bearing, Tiltion clutch and PP. Engine by Jay Ivey in 2020 dyno'd at 113 hp, and now has about 15 hours on it. 4 new CV joints winter of 2021. All 4 calipers received new seals winter of 2020. I have 8 complete Compomotive 3 piece wheels and several additional centers and rim halves. Many extra gearsets and rod ends.The Willans belts are good through 2025. The photos show that additional triangulating framework was added to the cockpit surround and the car is very rigid with lots of driver protection. Custom poured bead seat by Troy Steves. I am 5'9'' and 145 lbs.
    Asking $22,500
    additional phots available upon request. Car is located 50 miles north of San Francisco. Thanks
    Jeff

2. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 947

I can vouch for both the car and the owner. One can buy with confidence. Jeff maintained this car at a top level. Any maintenance required was done to a high level. The car is quick, easy to drive and consistent at the limit. Jeff and I had many great dices in the Crossflow Cup and I'm going to miss racing wheel to wheel with him.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    I can vouch for both the car and the owner. One can buy with confidence. Jeff maintained this car at a top level. Any maintenance required was done to a high level. The car is quick, easy to drive and consistent at the limit. Jeff and I had many great dices in the Crossflow Cup and I'm going to miss racing wheel to wheel with him.
    Thanks Dan - yep we've had many great battles up and down the west coast. Never had a DNF!

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

absolutely, minimally, on par with any other CF

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Why quit now?

I’ll be 79 next season and I’ve been running last in Cross Flow but it’s not my age and I’m determined to get quicker.
    Hang in there! You have a great car.
    Hybels

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

I'm surprised this hasn't sold. I thought it'd sell in a day. It's probably the best CF out there. I definitely would've bought it if I hadn't bought a PRS the day before.

Liked: 947

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't sold. I thought it'd sell in a day. It's probably the best CF out there. I definitely would've bought it if I hadn't bought a PRS the day before.
    Me too. Jeffrey and I are mid to upper third of the Crossflow Cup overall pack and usually racing for a podium in Club Ford.

Last year Ethan Shippert jumped in this Royale for a race and spanked every single one of us. Watching him drift through turn 3 (off camber downhill, decreasing radius) was amazing.

This car at this price is a steal!
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information